Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ninja mounts  (Read 4405 times)

oledoc2u

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ninja mounts
« on: November 17, 2007, 12:56:10 PM »

I have had my ninjas about 6 yrs, they will not always work...they seem to stick.  Is there something I can do to service them?  Need oiled, taken apart and cleaned?  What needs to be done so they will no longer stick?  I just installed a new mount and it is stuck, will not go up...looking for answers.  I really haven't been happy with this system from the get go.  Can't access from remote computer like I should even after following all the help from support.  But I would a least like the ninjas to operate properly, it isn't a computer problem, it is mechanical...Doc

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: ninja mounts
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 09:35:35 PM »

I have had my ninjas about 6 yrs, they will not always work...they seem to stick.  Is there something I can do to service them?  Need oiled, taken apart and cleaned?  What needs to be done so they will no longer stick?  I just installed a new mount and it is stuck, will not go up...looking for answers.  I really haven't been happy with this system from the get go.  Can't access from remote computer like I should even after following all the help from support.  But I would a least like the ninjas to operate properly, it isn't a computer problem, it is mechanical...Doc

Ninja mounts have plastic gears that will eventually wear out.  Especially if something else (being encrusted with ice for instance) makes them stick to begin with.

There is a post about finding replacement gears somewhere here.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

zach1234

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 03:02:54 AM »

Bill is right. They tend to wear out. If you look hard enough on ebay you may find them. I think X10 should make them Medal.

* Cor *

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 11:07:12 PM »

I remember reading that some where here also. I believe It said to check your local hobby shop; a bigger one that sells parts for remote control cars there you will fine metal replacements rears.

* Cor *

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 11:34:53 AM »

Here is one of the articles.   
http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=11186.0
 Try a advance search under "Gears"

zach1234

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 10:02:34 PM »

You can get Ninjias for about 25.00 on ebay SEARCH. lol

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.