Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: E-Mailing Snapshots  (Read 4863 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
E-Mailing Snapshots
« on: December 15, 2007, 02:24:43 PM »

Well happy holidays everyone! need a little help concerning software selection I just need to know what x10 software is capable of e-mailing a snapshot to my cell phone or to my yahoo account for that mater yahoo can forward my e-mails to my phone anyway. And one other question can anyone get that Vanguard software to work with a wireless router and through a firewall?? If you check the Vanguard topic it's filled with horror stories kind of reminds me of AHP when it first came out I remember posts a year after it was released that folks couldn't even get simple timers to work. I bought that AHP package with iWatch but I actually haven't installed it yet, and I'm not certain if it has e-mail capability, hoping someone can help.

Tom j

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: E-Mailing Snapshots
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 12:11:58 PM »

Emailing snapshots is easy!
Just about all the cam software from X10 will do it, However I think you need the MY House Plug-in to do it with AHP!
Probably the easiest way to email your pics is with X10Dispatcher
It will work with the Auto stills option  in iWatchout/iWitness plug-in as well as other webcam software!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tom j

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 08:13:10 PM »

Emailing snapshots is easy!
Just about all the cam software from X10 will do it, However I think you need the MY House Plug-in to do it with AHP!
Probably the easiest way to email your pics is with X10Dispatcher
It will work with the Auto stills option  in iWatchout/iWitness plug-in as well as other webcam software!

Thanks Tuice you the man!! say I have iWatch, so all I need is the x10 dispatcher? I assume iWatch by itself can't achieve this. I'll check it out.

Tom j
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 08:17:27 PM by tom j »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 09:50:25 PM »

As I run all the plug-in it is hard for me to remember what each will do without the other!
But I helped setup X10dispatch to work with iWatchout/iWitness so I know it works with the autostills feature!
If I remember you have to use a macro created in X10dispatcher to send a pic in the e-mail notification. You can also monitor pics from MSN or have them sent to a ftp site!
You can also log onto your home PC that AHP is connected to with X10dispatcher and view the pics! ;)
All You need is X10Dispatcher, Yes!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tom j

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 07:48:40 AM »

As I run all the plug-in it is hard for me to remember what each will do without the other!
But I helped setup X10dispatch to work with iWatchout/iWitness so I know it works with the autostills feature!
If I remember you have to use a macro created in X10dispatcher to send a pic in the e-mail notification. You can also monitor pics from MSN or have them sent to a ftp site!
You can also log onto your home PC that AHP is connected to with X10dispatcher and view the pics! ;)
All You need is X10Dispatcher, Yes!

Hi thanks Tuice say what's the difference between iWatch and the Vanguard software, can it also e-mail snapshots??

Tom j

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 03:03:09 PM »

Vanguard software Is suppost to e-mail pics although I have yet to get it working (registration problem I think)
Since you already have AHP and iWatch I'd stick with it! If you add the MyHouse plug-in to AHP it will do everything Vanguard will and more!
Vanguard will not show pics as long as AHP is running! Maybe if iWatch isn't installed it would !
Also Vanguard will not send commands via the CM15A it will however receive info from it ::) ??? (this may also be related to my registration problems)

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

EL34

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • My X-10 projects
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 07:36:46 AM »

This is the video surveilance software I use.
It can send security into to mobile devices.

Just in case you are interested, here's a link.
http://www.fgeng.com/
W10 - CM15A - AHP 3.301 - i Witness - MyHouse online - Smart Macros - SDK using Visual Basic express 2008
My X10 page-> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/home/X10_0.htm

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.