Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Adding a motion detector and chime  (Read 4632 times)

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Adding a motion detector and chime
« on: December 22, 2007, 11:39:06 AM »

I've just installed a DS7000 with 8 window/door sensors and all works well.  For my particular house layout, I've found the best central location for the base station is in the middle of the walkout basement.  The only problem is that the chime sound made when a window is opened, or when arming/disarming the system if quite difficult to hear on the 1st floor, and nearly impossible to hear on the 2nd.

I'd like to ad a chime module on the 1st floor (not a siren), that will duplicate the chime made on the base station?  Is that possible?

Thanks!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Adding a motion detector and chime
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 11:59:50 AM »

Geewiz: Welcome to the forum. No, there is no way to transceive the door/window sensors into an X10 signal that will cause a remote chime module to sound. At least not with the DS7000.

Three option that come to mind:

1) Modify the DS7000 and extend the internal chime (void warranty, may cause unrepairable damage)
2) Use the ActiveHome Pro software with OnAlert to perform this task (but requires a PC running 24/7)
3) Get a V572RF32 transceiver from WGL Designs (the 32-Bit one can transceive DS10A signals into X10 Power Line Commands)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 10:16:41 PM »

Get a V572RF32 transceiver from WGL Designs (the 32-Bit one can transceive DS10A signals into X10 Power Line Commands)

Golly..... I didn't know that bit of very HELPFUL information! Thank-you Puck.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 07:21:53 PM »

Get a V572RF32 transceiver from WGL Designs (the 32-Bit one can transceive DS10A signals into X10 Power Line Commands)

Golly..... I didn't know that bit of very HELPFUL information! Thank-you Puck.

See Dave how helpful these forums are!!!! The users are more helpful then......... well you know  ;D

Tom j

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.