Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro library  (Read 10482 times)

radar224

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macro library
« on: January 11, 2008, 03:35:06 PM »

Good afternoon,
I am sure yoo all heard it before but I am really new to the world of x10. I am still struggling with the use and definition of flags but I am sure I will get that at one point.
Does anyone know were I could find the x10 macro library so I could download some macros?
Also, I know there was a work around the lights going to full power before dimming to the desired setting but I can't remember were I read it. It is rather nasty on the eyes when you get up in the middle of the night to do the bathroom trip and the motion detector triggers the macro which places the light at full before dimming to were it suppose to be.

Thanks for your help

Radar224

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Macro library
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 04:49:46 PM »

Good afternoon,
I am sure yoo all heard it before but I am really new to the world of x10. I am still struggling with the use and definition of flags but I am sure I will get that at one point.
Does anyone know were I could find the x10 macro library so I could download some macros?

I think that "macro library" was one of X-10's babies that was stillborn or died an ealy death.
Also, I know there was a work around the lights going to full power before dimming to the desired setting but I can't remember were I read it. It is rather nasty on the eyes when you get up in the middle of the night to do the bathroom trip and the motion detector triggers the macro which places the light at full before dimming to were it suppose to be.

The only solution for the original design LM465 and WS467 dimmer modules is to never shut them Off but instead Dim them to full darkness.  Then brighten from darkness to the desired level when you want light.

The new design LM465 and WS467 can be brought directly to a specified dim level by programming them in ActiveHome Pro as a LM14A Lamp Module.  Unfortunately nobody (including X-10) seems to know what X-10 is shipping nowadays - whether old or new design - when you buy one of these modules.  If your module is fairly new, you might try programming it as a LM14A and see if it works.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 06:19:47 PM »

I think that "macro library" was one of X-10's babies that was stillborn or died an early death.
Well put. I think that's an accurate description. Their life was so short lived that I never even saw any.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 06:22:54 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 08:49:51 PM »

I think it was dead when the earliest version of AHP (3.142) was released.  I began with 3.187 in 2005 and the Macro Library wasn't there.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 04:02:19 PM »

radar224!
As others have stated the Macro libray (in AHP) is dead!
How ever there is a section in the forums :
User-Designed Working Macros
(A library of working macros designed by members)
Here where users have posted there working Macros as well as detailed info as to how they work!
True they are not downloads, but there is enough info that you should have no problem recreating them for your self! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 05:41:56 PM »

I think it was dead when the earliest version of AHP (3.142) was released.  I began with 3.187 in 2005 and the Macro Library wasn't there.

The Macro Library was introduced in version 200, but the macros in the library were only promoted in a couple emails in one week. After that, X10 abandoned the idea.

(The revision history is your friend!)

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 11:45:55 PM »

What was version 200?  The Active Home Pro Software History states the first AHP version was 3.142 which was supplanted by version 3.151.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 11:35:03 AM »

Dan Lawrence:
IF you read the link MichaelC supplied you'll see Version 3.200
is the 200 version! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 08:13:37 PM »

That's why I posted what I did.  Michael C. didn't put the "3." in front of the 200.   in the Revision History it does show the Macro Library, but the next and subsequent versions it was eliminated.  I wonder why?

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 02:03:25 PM »

That's why I posted what I did.  Michael C. didn't put the "3." in front of the 200.   in the Revision History it does show the Macro Library, but the next and subsequent versions it was eliminated.  I wonder why?

Ha. Getting hazy and forgot that it was 3.200 (projects at my new job are on a 5.x.x version number). Did we remove the Macro Library menu item? I didn't remember doing that. If we did, it was for the reasons I said above -- the Macro Library was considered a failure at X10 due to poor response to marketing. The whole reason it was created was to sell packages of modules to go along the macros we devised.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.