Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Limitations of Numbers of Images Emailed  (Read 16466 times)

kkgonzales

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Limitations of Numbers of Images Emailed
« on: December 26, 2007, 01:35:28 PM »

I have the Xray Vision software set to email images when motion is detected. Because we are monitoring our cats activities, we need to compare images at a small interval (I currently have 5 seconds). However, I discovered that once 10,000 images have been logged, the emails stop. They resume once the images have been deleted. However, this needs to be done at the home PC.

This is problematic because we are going on a three week trip, and want to see images the whole time. X10 says there ins't any way around this.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a way to only take images during certain hours (it takes images 24 hours a day even in the dark). Images are sent only when motion is detected. Is there a way to set it so only those images are saved and the maximum number of images isn't met? Is there a way to reset so the maximum images isn't reached?

Thanks for any help!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Limitations of Numbers of Images Emailed
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 01:51:21 PM »

Have a few Ideas you could try:
Since your e-mailing the pic out there is no need to save them on your home PC once sent!
Get a free scripting program such as AutoHotkey You could also create a batch file to do the same.
  • Have it rename or delete the folder that contains the pics when started. (delete will work best unless you can rename differently each time)
  • add the created script or batchfile to the windows tasks scheduler to run every night (same time)
  • Xray will recreate the original folder once it saves a new pic

This may take some initial fine tuning to work just the way you wish! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

KKG

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Limitations of Numbers of Images Emailed
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 01:35:35 PM »

Thanks. I actually figured out that my problem isn't the limitation of the number of images stored. I change it to 10 and I continued to receive emails for awhile. after about 70 images were emailed, it stopped. An error box did appear...but it didn't provide any information. Any ideas?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.