Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MyHouse On-line Service Needs Improvement (Please)  (Read 24937 times)

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
MyHouse On-line Service Needs Improvement (Please)
« on: December 29, 2007, 09:22:29 AM »

I'm a new-bee - and I've only spent about $500 (so far) - so I may be un-qualified to say this, but, "The MyHouse service needs some work". 
Until yesterday (since the 22nd) the server was down, and now although it's up, connections are hit & miss and then connections through to my home system are even more intermittent.

It would be interesting to know how many users use MyHouse?

To use MyHouse and to rely on and trust it, it has to be better and much more reliable, all the way through from the remote through the MyHouse server to the home system.  I really like explaining my system, but I can't in good conscious promote the MyHouse capability.

X10- please fix the whole system!
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: MyHouse On-line Service Needs Improvement (Please)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 05:05:26 PM »

The main problem with this plug-in is the X10 Server!!! >:(
Until X10 makes MY HOUSE capable of using any server (not rely on theirs) it will stay a niche plug-in! ::)
Their servers are just not reliable enough to used for security monitoring! :(
The e-mail and FTP upload are really the only part of the internet plug-in I use. ;)
I have ran the MY HOUSE plug-in and connected from another PC but connection wasn't reliable enough!
If I were to need remote monitoring or activation of devices there are Freeware Programs I can use!
X10dispatcher  is one but there are others depending on ones needs! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

PrimeGuild

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    • Software Solutions
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 04:11:19 PM »

I agree, the X10 servers are pretty flaky. I too started off with this MyHouse online thing, but later I realized, its better to write your own small little app instead of relying on this shaky X10 server. As long as your PC is already on the net, you don't really need MyHouse Online to play around with your X10 devices remotely.

zach1234

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 04:19:18 PM »

I was told that "where trying someting new" so the servers will be down alot.

Jenn D

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 03:56:34 PM »

I was told that "where trying someting new" so the servers will be down alot.

So, we all bought this system for our piece of mind, monitor our houses, and feel that we are all doing our part to keep our families safe and they "experiment" with us???????  ??? !!!

We only got our system 2 days ago, and it has been nothing but a headache to set up so far... now this... I've only gotten the items set-up due to the information on this forum.  X10 apparently does not care a whit for their customers or they would try to make a better product, starting with MUCH better instructions and testing of their product before release.

zach1234

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 03:59:10 PM »

Every computer is made diffrent do you use windows or even mac or Linux. If you do than why, they have UPDATES too. Come on, you should have seen this service before they did service on it.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 08:15:14 PM »

Every computer is made diffrent do you use windows or even mac or Linux. If you do than why, they have UPDATES too. Come on, you should have seen this service before they did service on it.

Whaaaaa?
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

originalevil

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • We could do some watercolors together. You and I.
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 11:29:23 PM »

I'm a new-bee - and I've only spent about $500 (so far) - so I may be un-qualified to say this, but, "The MyHouse service needs some work". 
Until yesterday (since the 22nd) the server was down, and now although it's up, connections are hit & miss and then connections through to my home system are even more intermittent.

It would be interesting to know how many users use MyHouse?

To use MyHouse and to rely on and trust it, it has to be better and much more reliable, all the way through from the remote through the MyHouse server to the home system.  I really like explaining my system, but I can't in good conscious promote the MyHouse capability.

X10- please fix the whole system!

I would use MyHouse... except I haven't gotten it to log in. I'm glad I paid for onAlert and for ActiveHome Pro and got everything else as a freebie... because if I'd paid for this, I'd be ticked. Yes, I know it is the same price/package no matter which "plugin" you want to pay for, but if this plugin were the one I'd wanted, I'd be grumpy.

On the other hand, after setting up my security system, I now want to buy tons of X10 stuff now, because I keep imagining things I could automate. I wonder when I'll stop now.

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 06:26:04 AM »

Well this is an old thread!  Only $500 - yeah, right...  added a lot more dead presidents since that post!

I'm finding MyHouse to be more reliable - and I mostly use it for  quick review of my cameras.  But if I really want to get into my home system, I use LogMeIn.

PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 03:57:17 PM »

...I really want to get into my home system, I use LogMeIn.
MyHouse gives a bit better video transfer during remote viewing but logmein.com hands down has been more reliable. Also I can even use logmein at many public computers like the library. Furthermore with logmein I can email from or even reboot the computer that is running AHP.  It been a while since I used MyHouse but I seem to remember having problem with the interface from public computers even when the X10 servers were happy.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 04:02:00 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.