Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Window Sensor and Activity Monitor  (Read 6516 times)

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Window Sensor and Activity Monitor
« on: January 04, 2008, 07:44:22 PM »

Quick question:
I have the DS7000 security console, Active Home Pro software, and the On Alert Plug-in.

When a window or door is open, should the sensor module icon in AHP show open state?  Should the Activity Monitor show something like "Sensor Open?"

In my case, the sensor module icon always shows closed, and the activity monitor only logs the "Sensor Closed" activity.

Thanks!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Window Sensor and Activity Monitor
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 08:57:06 PM »

Geewiz: The icon should show an open state when open and the activity monitor should also log both states.

When you press the test button on one of the DS10A's it should log both an open entry followed by a closed entry in the activity monitor.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 09:06:16 PM »

Quick question:
I have the DS7000 security console, Active Home Pro software, and the On Alert Plug-in.

When a window or door is open, should the sensor module icon in AHP show open state?  Should the Activity Monitor show something like "Sensor Open?"

In my case, the sensor module icon always shows closed, and the activity monitor only logs the "Sensor Closed" activity.

Thanks!

I don't own one, but have seen reported that the DS7000 has a better receiving range than the CM15A.  Perhaps the signals from your DS10A are only marginally received by the CM15A, although why only the "Closed" signal gets through I can't say.   Have you tried operating the DS10A within a few feet of the CM15A?

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 12:17:00 AM »

Obviously I'm going to have to play with this, and think it has something to do with the limitations of range of the CM15a. 

Rather a shame X10 crippled this piece of critical hardware.  The range of the DS7000 is far superior, and I believe it's been around longer than the CM15A. 

Thanks for the input!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.