Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SLOW FLASHING LED LIGHT ON DS7000 SECURITY CONSOLE  (Read 4051 times)

john kovacs

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SLOW FLASHING LED LIGHT ON DS7000 SECURITY CONSOLE
« on: January 04, 2008, 05:18:30 PM »

Regarding those impossible slow flashing LED trouble lights on the X-10 DS7000 security console that you can't seem to erase or re-set! For whatever reason you have this annoyance i.e. dead battery etc. it IS POSSIBLE to fix to re-set system.   I found the solution through X-10 tech support.  It turns out, yes, you have to remove the AC and battery power and then go around the house to re-install each and every door/window and motion sensor you have in your system, but what the user guide fails to mention is the DS7000 must be completely flat- lined, with no battery or AC power, for about 15 -20 minutes (I gave my console 1/2 hour). And then, after this  long wait, you may start re-installing all your security sensors into the console as instructed in the user guide.  Do NOT make the mistake of assuming you just remove the battery and quickly replace it with a fresh one in the console right away. If you don't wait, the slow flashing LED light will not go away -- even if you have dutifully re-installed every sensor.  Give the system the time it needs to flush out any legacy energy or memory.  If you follow this advice, you'll be happy again with this neat little bargain security system, and you will not feel like sending it back to the manufacturer anymore.  :-)  Good Luck x-10'ers!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 05:24:11 PM by john kovacs »

rosie6456

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: SLOW FLASHING LED LIGHT ON DS7000 SECURITY CONSOLE
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 06:56:14 AM »

I assume that if you messed up your zone locations and now have 2 zones that have no motion detectors on them you can leave system as is. Flashing lights only now mean that they are not receiving any motion detectors, which is the actual situation since they do not exist on those zones. The 3 zones that have been designated with active motion detectors are not showing flashing lights and seem to be working.
If I want to remove the flashing lights I assume I must still reprogram the entire system.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.