Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DS7000  (Read 9847 times)

billh

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DS7000
« on: January 09, 2008, 09:19:43 AM »

Can someone help me?  I just purchased my system.  I cannot get my DS7000 to dial out and complete a call.  Either to my cell or a land line.  I have programmed numbers in all 4 positions.  When I activate (via PANIC) the siren alarms, the record led goes on......but NO ONE receives a call.  I am able to place a phone into the jack I am utilizing and make a call.  One other thing.  I have a tester that allows me to monitor my phone system without interfering with the calls.  I put this tester on a spare jack.  Activated the alarm (via Panic) and I can hear the console dial out and immediately hear my recorded message being broadcasted.  After a few seconds I can hear a recording,"The number cannot be completed as dialed.  Please check the number and try again." .  Can someone help me? 

Bill Hendrickson
billh26@optonline.net

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: DS7000
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 09:17:30 PM »

Can someone help me?  I just purchased my system.  I cannot get my DS7000 to dial out and complete a call.  Either to my cell or a land line.  I have programmed numbers in all 4 positions.  When I activate (via PANIC) the siren alarms, the record led goes on......but NO ONE receives a call.  I am able to place a phone into the jack I am utilizing and make a call.  One other thing.  I have a tester that allows me to monitor my phone system without interfering with the calls.  I put this tester on a spare jack.  Activated the alarm (via Panic) and I can hear the console dial out and immediately hear my recorded message being broadcasted.  After a few seconds I can hear a recording,"The number cannot be completed as dialed.  Please check the number and try again." .  Can someone help me? 

Bill Hendrickson
billh26@optonline.net

Well the reason is........................... let me have the envelope please..... is that....... it doesn't dial out if the panic button is tripped only if the door/window or motion detectors are triggered. Hope this helps sorry about all the drama but well I couldn't help myself.  ;D

Tom j

blown99bergerssclo

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 09:40:47 PM »

that seems kind of useless. what if you are in a panic situation. seems it would be good for it to call the numbers on the list for help. oh well good to know i guess.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 09:59:57 AM »

that seems kind of useless. what if you are in a panic situation. seems it would be good for it to call the numbers on the list for help. oh well good to know i guess.

If it's not intending to make the call, it seems kind of strange that it initiates a call at all.   Can you discern any difference in the tones between a Panic call and a Door/Window sensor call?

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Johnnylaw

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 02:57:47 PM »

Well the reason is........................... let me have the envelope please..... is that....... it doesn't dial out if the panic button is tripped only if the door/window or motion detectors are triggered. Hope this helps sorry about all the drama but well I couldn't help myself.  ;D

Tom j

My unit DS7000 dials out in the panic mode.
I was on the phone with the folks at X10 letting them hear that I had a bad powerhorn and I hit the PANIC button on the remote and it the system dialed out while I was on the phone.

John

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 07:21:15 AM »

From the manual:
Sounding the PANIC Alarm
On the Keychain Remote, Pressing the ARM and DISARM buttons at the same time will
trip the alarm, even if it is disarmed, but it does NOT dial out unless you arm the system
first.
On the Handheld Remote, pressing the PANIC button trips the alarm, even if the system
is not armed. It does not dial out unless the system is armed first.

Panic assumes you're there and you wouldn't want the DS7000 using the phone lines when you might be calling 911.  But if you've fallen & can't get up, arm it first, then hit PANIC.
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 12:03:18 PM »

READ the manual? How novel!
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Johnnylaw

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 01:39:14 PM »

yep after thinking about that, my unit was armed when i hit the panic button on the remote

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 12:59:41 PM »

yep after thinking about that, my unit was armed when i hit the panic button on the remote

Yep see I told ya! it's all in the manual, buried somewhere.

Tom J.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.