Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Neighborhood power failure, now cannot make system work  (Read 2452 times)

homebody

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Neighborhood power failure, now cannot make system work
« on: January 13, 2008, 02:59:57 PM »

I purchased and installed an X10 Powerhouse Security System about 18 months ago. It includes the main console, a security remote, two keychain remotes, motion detectors, door and window sensors, and a power horn. It was working flawlessly.

Then last week my neighborhood had a brief power failure and I have not been able to get the system to work since.

I began attempting to get the system operational by trying to register the security remote as follows - set the main console to INSTALL, Press ARM HOME on the Security Remote and listen for a single beep. I had to press the CODE button on the Security Remote before this would work, then it did beep once and it looked like I was making progress.

After that I set the main console to RUN1 and pressed ARM AWAY on the Security Remote. The main console should have then beeped once. Instead it beeped continuously - so apparently something is wrong, but what? I also tried using RUN2, no success there either.

Then I tried replacing the main console battery and tried unplugging and plugging the main console from the 110 volt wall outlet, after which I repeated the above. Neither attempt succeeded.

Any suggestions as to what to do are most welcome.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Neighborhood power failure, now cannot make system work
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 04:32:28 PM »

homebody
Try disconnecting all power AC & DC and leave the DS7000 sit for a few mins!
I've had mine reset quick as well as take a min to clear! ::)
Reconnect the power add set a door/window sensor or motion sensor First! ;)
Then add the security remote and test!
It may just be that no trigger device was Registered/Added that cause the DS7000 to fire a tripped Alarm!
Pressing the arm away told the DS7000 to listen for signals from sensors since it seen no sensors it sensed a problem! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.