Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wall switch problems?  (Read 4201 times)

Hueyt

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Wall switch problems?
« on: January 17, 2008, 10:49:32 AM »

Hi everyone, newbie here!  My first post.  This forum is great, you guys know your stuff and what you don't, you are passionate to find the answer.  Tech support sucks so you are a Godsend!  My problem is this... I bought some wall switches (ws467) from someone on ebay and after installing them, noticed that they are just on off but don't have the soft start feature of my newer units.  Did the earler models not have this feature?  It responds to dimming from the remote but not from the switch itself.  And it doesn't remember the dimming % like my other ones.  If this is true, I guess I could use these for porch lights but how do we know we're getting the ones with the soft start feature?  No model number difference.... >:(

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Wall switch problems?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 12:01:42 PM »

Hueyt

You are correct on all counts. The old design WS467 did not have memory, local dimming, or soft start and X10 did not indicate the model change with a new model number or revision number. I think date code is the only way to determine new design from old. I don't know when the change was made, perhaps another forum member knows the change-over date.

There is a mod you can make to the old units to give them local dimming.

http://www.idobartana.com/hakb/
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Wall switch problems?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 08:53:43 PM »

Hueyt

You are correct on all counts. The old design WS467 did not have memory, local dimming, or soft start and X10 did not indicate the model change with a new model number or revision number. I think date code is the only way to determine new design from old. I don't know when the change was made, perhaps another forum member knows the change-over date.

It's hard to get user feedback on the WS467 because the date code sticker is on the back of the switch and not accessible after the switch is installed.  If there's any parallel with the new design LM465 plug-in Lamp Module, the date code is no indication which model it is.  See: http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=13006.msg74885#msg74885

I'm wondering if perhaps X-10 has abandoned the new design LM465 and WS467 and reverted to the old ones.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.