Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Multiple Cm115a Controllers,Multiple Phaze arrangment  (Read 4298 times)

cykomike

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Multiple Cm115a Controllers,Multiple Phaze arrangment
« on: January 23, 2008, 08:24:31 AM »

Hi I have a rather extensive x10 setup on a rather large 200 amp distribution system

Own two  Cm115a usb controllers which I will connect to top of panels each on either side if the incoming Phase

I.e.  controler cm115a(#1) on phase(a) and controler cm115a(#2) on phase(b)

My question is about the cm115a internal usb connectors, I would like to run both to a single usb hub and then back to the
controlling computer but worry about internal phase crossing on usb bus.

also can anyone tell me if the x10 home control software will be able to deal with seeing twin controllers in the same program?
can it detect and discern the individual controllers?

I have no problem with both acting as Clone interfaces as long as they both respond and store downloads etc.
or Will i have to have two instances of the software running?

I am looking at this set up as i Do a lot of video and audio work have out buildings, and aux devices far and wide and
experience occasional interference porblems.

Thanks for any feed back and experiences!

Michael Brzezinski

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Multiple Cm115a Controllers,Multiple Phaze arrangment
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 09:41:48 AM »

cykomike: I too run 2 CM15A's. I know AHP will not run 2 instances of the software on one PC; therefore it is not likely that it would recognize 2 CM15A's and be able to distinguish them.

The only way to use 2 on one PC is to connect them one at a time and remember to load the correct *.ahx file for the one currently connected. Of course, because of this limitation, one of your *.ahx files will not be allowed to have macros or timers that run from the PC. I use 2 PCs to make life simpler.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.