Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VISTA Ultimate and VANGAURD  (Read 4935 times)

HarvestCruise

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VISTA Ultimate and VANGAURD
« on: January 29, 2008, 09:30:19 AM »

This might be old news. But has there been any news on when this software is going to be able to run on VISTA. My old computer with XP crashed and was going to cost me more to fix since it was old DELL computer. I have just recently built a new computer and running VISTA Ultimate and the software will not run on this OS. When I was in the process of building this computer I talked to tech and he advised that this software is compatible but that is not the case.Talk to the service tech yesterday and he advised that they are working on the issue but they have no idea when it is coming out or if they are going to realease any updates to make the old software work.   

Does anyone have a clue to what software will run with VISTA? I am needing to know before I have to downgrade my computer to XP. I am not really wanting to do this since the OS cost so much.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: VISTA Ultimate and VANGAURD
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 09:40:38 AM »

Many have issues with Vista the most common is the VA11A USB video adaptor!
When you say the software won't work be more specific! ;)
Some have Vanguard working and many have Active Home Pro (all Pug-ins)working! ;) :D ;D
I don't run Vista but can point you to some work arrounds to enable things to work! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HarvestCruise

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 10:05:34 AM »

When trying to install the software it comes up corrupt but prompts to cont. to install. So I do so. When it is finished it put the shortcut on the desktop and when doulble clicked it prompts you that there was an error with the install. I rec. a new copy of the software just in case. Still rec. the same error.

So you are saying that you have some clients out there that are running the cameras via USB to work fine?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 11:55:32 AM »

First off I don't work for X10! simply a end user such as yourself!
when you installed the software did you install from the internet or did you download the file and use it to install?
Installing from the internet leads to corrupt installations! :(
If you download a fresh copy and it still fails to install correctly contact support and have them e-mail you a working copy!
Vanguard and Active Home Pro only use the VA11A USB video adaptor to capture video/pictures.
Xray vision will use any capture device windows sees!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HarvestCruise

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 04:00:25 PM »

Ok.... I understand that you don't work for X10........

The listed software above doesn't say that it will work on VISTA. Does any one know if there is any software out there that will work on VISTA to allow you to work with your X10 cameras.

Thanks for the inforamation it has been very helpful.

zach1234

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 07:16:25 PM »

I recommend you look on creigslist for a xp machine to be your "x10 camera server" That's what I did. I will describe what you need below.

I have...

emachines tower
256 of RAM (must be that or higher)
Windows XP (GENUINE)
Wireless or Ethernet
At least 3 USB Ports.
4 GB Hard drive.

That's what I did because vanguard destroyed my HP system Running Vista Beta.
I would not hold my breath waiting for a Active X or software for vista. I was told MA-BY in 2009.

Its very fusterating, as soon as you get all to work Microsoft has to make new and screw it all up.

Sorry for your problems.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 12:13:42 AM »

The listed software above doesn't say that it will work on VISTA. Does any one know if there is any software out there that will work on VISTA to allow you to work with your X10 cameras.
None of X10s software states it works with vista because it was created long before vista was released!
Even if you find software/hardware that states it is Vista compatible doesn't mean it will work for you! ::)
Many users have spent hours on workarounds and been good enough to share them with the rest of us!
Look you'll find post such as this: Topic: *ONE* THREAD for Unsigned VA11A Driver and Windows Vista!  (Read 66025 times)   ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.