Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Moving forward in a new direction?  (Read 3285 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Moving forward in a new direction?
« on: December 17, 2017, 02:44:59 PM »

Many third party softwares have fallen out of favor with the new voice assistants now on the market.
There are several ways to get these assistants to trigger X10 signals and AHP can see these commands thus enabling smartmacros to be triggered.
So as I contemplate expanding options in some of my programs, Which are essentially AHP add-Ons, I wonder if these are even required anymore.  ::) :'

So I'm left wondering should I create something new for 2018 or bring an old AHP add-on up to date?
If something new maybe an "Alex10tion" and what should it do?
If bringing something up to date what should be added/removed?
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Moving forward in a new direction?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 04:02:14 PM »

Many third party softwares have fallen out of favor with the new voice assistants now on the market........
...... If bringing something up to date what should be added/removed?

Hard to say. We/I don't know what we can do with the new X10 wifi interface yet. Speaking (typing) for myself.... I'd like to retain the computer aided capabilities of a PC connected CM15A, with AHP and ALL the plug-ins.... yet not screw with having to run a computer 24/7. I like flags, macros, conditions, timers the whole nine yards. PLUS.... I'd like some of the great tid-bits found in BVC like assigned verbal responses... and listeners. Listeners that could hear other wifi connected devices would be best.   

All this running in/on a pre-programed hub of some sort. Maybe a preloaded cloud connected Arduino (Raspberry Pi) based device. 
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.