Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: PC Companion (Voice Control, E-mail, Weather, Memos + more)  (Read 395937 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: [AHP Add-on] PC Companion (Sound, E-mail, Weather, Memos +)
« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2011, 04:41:46 PM »

****New version Now on Server****This release fixes bugs created with last release which affected users running a unlocked version.
For more info Click here.
Clicking on the update button in PCC will get you the newest release.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: March 31, 2011, 05:41:01 PM »

Minor update just released

For more info click here
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
SeverWeather triggering.
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2011, 04:44:13 PM »

With all the tornatoes and floods of late Hawk1 brought up this Idea on my forum and thought it would be worth sharing. http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=157.msg545#msg545
PCC isn't needed for this but the free WeatherExchange is!
However using the user command option you could trigger X10 and other events  ;)

Note: The national advisories and alerts only work for those in the US. :'(
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Glorfindel

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Using PC companion as an intercom
« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2011, 12:03:39 AM »

I've been interested in getting an intercom set up in my house. However the reviews I read of the ones that used to powerlines didn't seem to good. I also can't rip holes in the wall to install a hard-wired intercom. So I thought I remember reading that PC companion to use your network for an intercom. So I assume you would have to have a computer in every room? Even if that is the case it would still be eaiser than running the wires through the walls and probably better quality than using the powlines. So I have some old computers I would like to use to start testing this out. However I have no clue where to begin and came here to hopefully get some answers. Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Re: Using PC companion as an intercom
« Reply #199 on: August 31, 2011, 07:56:33 AM »

Pc Companion does have  a intercome of sorts buit in.
Realy it's a Chat program which connects to all PCs on your home network.
Since PCC doesn't do voice on its own you need to type in a message.
This message is spoken on all PCs on the network using the voice configured for the PCC which is on the recieving end.
You need to configure the x10relayer network server included.
The Pcc manual explains the settings
All PCs you wish to talk to need to have the same security key to communicate back and forth.
Hope this is what your looking for.
Note: you can find more info on X10Relayer Here >!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:34:14 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2011, 04:38:58 PM »

New update now on server!
Version 3.0.9.6 addresses camera capture issues
The issue with the VA12A and it defaulting to video tuner as the source is still eluding me B:(
This seems to be a Win7 & Vista issue as I don't see this with XP.
download links are still the same
Alternatively you can use the embedded update links in PCC
For more detailed info on the update click here
>!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:42:34 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Re: [AHP Add-on] PC Companion (Sound, E-mail, Weather, Memos + more)
« Reply #201 on: October 25, 2011, 11:15:19 AM »

When PCC was first released I tried to make it compatible with most SDK written software.
The ability to use command line arguments expanded the programs that it could interact with.
With the release of newer OS software voice recognition has been a problem for many wishing this option.
I still have no plans to add this option to PCC (not because I can't) as there are other programs that do this well.
BVC works well on OS prior to Vista, iHouse works well on all (including vista & Win7).
Many enjoy both as each has options the other doesn't problem is the newer OS
Why not with PCC acting as the middle man use both?
Maybe PCC can even share some of the work load! ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2011, 05:17:04 PM »

***New Update 3.0.9.8 on server***
This is a small updated aimed more at trial versions and fixes errors pop ups at trial expiry.
For more info check here!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bfineman

« Reply #203 on: November 14, 2011, 01:16:28 PM »

I am having sadness trying to get BVC working with my rig, perhaps because I am on the newer version of AHP with a CM19A. My question is, is PCC likely to work with AHP 3.318 and a CM19A?

Also, is this whole shebang likely to work under Windows 7? Currently my server's on XP, but I am willing to reload if I can use Windows 7 built in voice response along with AHP/PCC.

Thanks,
Ben

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #204 on: November 14, 2011, 08:57:53 PM »

..... My question is, is PCC likely to work with AHP 3.318 and a CM19A?
Also, is this whole shebang likely to work under Windows 7? Currently my server's on XP,

Stick with XP! For now at least... BVC doesn't play as well with the newer versions of windows... XP works best. I tested BVC/AHP with the CM19A once.. so I know the CM19A works OK. However... you may find the default setting in BOTH AHP and BVC to be PLC (PowerLine Command). So check to be sure that BVC is sending RF... and well as any macro or AHP actions as well.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

bfineman

« Reply #205 on: November 14, 2011, 09:29:59 PM »

Thanks Dave, I appreciate it. I have to be doing something dumb. Neither BVC or PCC are working for me, on two different computers - I tried everything on a Windows 7 machine with the same result as on my XP machine (nada).

In the AHP activity monitor, I see "Transmit RF B1 On". I have BVC set to listen for "B1 On" on both Powerline and RF but it does not respond. In PCC, the X10 log always tells me it does not exist because it is empty.

I would chalk it up to a bad CM19A, but it is able to successfully send arm/disarm commands to my Protector Plus. I don't have any other modules besides security sensors yet - was trying to do "proof of concept" before committing too much cash.

I've installed the AHP SDK and tried different AHP versions. In PCC, I did enable the X10 driver. Currently I'm on AHP 3.318 since the older one didn't seem to recognize the CM19A.

I would be willing to shell out for a CM15A if I thought it would solve my problems but it sounds like things should be able to work with a CM19A. Anything else I can try? I'm starting to run out of ideas.

Thanks,
Ben

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #206 on: November 14, 2011, 10:22:59 PM »

I will assume (like that is ever a good idea) that you have some sort of module set to B1 and that you also have a TM751 set to "B". So is the module turning On and Off?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

bfineman

« Reply #207 on: November 15, 2011, 07:49:12 AM »

Unfortunately, no - I don't have much to help me test. The starter pack I bought was security focused, so I have:

AHP/OnAlert/OnAlert Mobile
CM19A Interface
DS10A Door/Window Sensors
KR10A Security Keychain Remote
MS10A Security Motion Detector
PS561 Protector Plus Voice Dialer Console

What I can say is that I can send arm/disarm commands from AHP, out the CM19A, to be received successfully by the PS561. Unfortunately I don't have any actual "automation" modules yet - I'm planning to branch into that if and when I can get the security part to work, since that's the main goal for me.

Aside from making testing harder, is this going to cause me any functional issues with BVC or PCC? I'm a little fuzzy on how they communicate with AHP...I mean, so AHP makes the CM19A transmit "B1 ON" on RF...the CM19A doesn't also receive what it's sending (or does it?)...so how does BVC or PCC receive a "B1 ON"?

I appreciate your help Dave...I realize it's probably about hunting season for Tuicemen so we might not hear from him for a couple weeks :)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #208 on: November 15, 2011, 08:20:12 AM »

The CM19A is an RF only sender and receiver.
It needs a RF to Power Line transceiver. Many times X10 sends a TM751. The PS561 can also take the RF X10 commands and put them on the power line. So getting X10 commands on the power line should be covered.

The problem is the CM19A has no power line receiver in it. So AHP can not receive any X10 commands sent on the power lines and there is no X10 device that resends a power line signal by RF back to a CM19A.

The now out of stock and maybe discontinued. CM15A AHP interface can do RF sending and receiving. Along with Power Line sending and receiving. Also has the ability to store programs in memory. To allow the computer to be turned off.

The lack of power line receiving maybe a problem. I am sure users of the program will give you more information.

bfineman

« Reply #209 on: November 15, 2011, 09:33:24 AM »

Brian, this is very interesting. So if I am understanding correctly - for BVC or PCC (or arbitrary 3rd party programs) to "hear" X10 commands from AHP, something must receive the signal sent by the CM19A and "bounce it back", which is not currently possible? Which is where a CM15A would come in, to receive "bounced" power line signals. I feel like I am missing something since Dave mentioned he was able to use BVC with a CM19A. I kind of assumed (hoped?) that this kind of communication was being done internally to the computer, leveraging the AHP SDK or some such.

I'll happily (well not happily, but I'll do it) shell out the $80 for a used CM15A if it will solve my problems, but I'm still not sure if it will or not.

Thanks,
Ben
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.