Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do I get my lights to dim up rather then trun on and then dim down?  (Read 4966 times)

jsimon777

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have my system all set up and it is woking well.  I have a macro that is set to make my lights go to 50%.  Right now the macro turns the lights on to 100% and then a few seconds later it dims to the 50% as I have it set.  What do I need to do to get the lights to NOT turn on to 100% but go from off straight to 50%?

Thanks

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: How do I get my lights to dim up rather then trun on and then dim down?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 08:07:39 PM »

Unfortunately, with relative dim levels, one needs a reference point and 100% is used as that reference point (or calibration point).

One trick, is to never, ever, turn those lights off.  Just dim them up and down from like 1% to 50%.  Because you never turn them off, you don't need the 100% reference point.  However, if someone does turn them off, then you need to then use the 100% reference point to get this trick working again.

The other way, which is what I have done, is to get the newer modules (like the LM14A)  which support "pre-set dim".  This is an extended command which allows you to go directly to any dim level.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 09:03:19 PM »

Walt,

You do know the LM14A is no longer in production, although it is still listed in AHP's module inventory.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 10:32:24 PM »

Walt,

You do know the LM14A is no longer in production, although it is still listed in AHP's module inventory.

Yep, I know that.  I just wanted to give an example of at least one module that supports the extended command.   

It is a homework assignment for the reader to find the others.  ;D
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.