Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Understanding the system  (Read 3126 times)

Jiles

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Understanding the system
« on: January 31, 2008, 11:56:47 PM »

My home is wired the normal way  with 220 and 110v It is my understanding that basically 1/2 the 110v circuts are taken from one buss bar and the other half from the second bar.  220v is supplied from both buss bars. I just purchased two PH508 Power horns and a PS561 console, along with the d/w sensors, motion detectors etc. Am I correct in assuming that all add on devices must be on the same main circuit?

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: Understanding the system
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 12:16:21 AM »

My home is wired the normal way  with 220 and 110v It is my understanding that basically 1/2 the 110v circuts are taken from one buss bar and the other half from the second bar.  220v is supplied from both buss bars. I just purchased two PH508 Power horns and a PS561 console, along with the d/w sensors, motion detectors etc. Am I correct in assuming that all add on devices must be on the same main circuit?

They don't have to be, but sometimes being on "different phases" can be a problem.  Depends on a lot of variables.

Best bet is just try it out plugging things in where you would like them and if you run into a problem, troubleshoot.
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.