Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Smarthome Lamplinc Essential 2000SC  (Read 45218 times)

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
Smarthome Lamplinc Essential 2000SC
« on: January 05, 2012, 02:36:24 PM »

This is a no-frills, two-pin, one-way, X10-only lamp module rated for 300W incandescent loads. It currently sells for $9.99. It responds to standard X10 commands. The literature says it does not have Preset Dims but also says it has 32 dim levels which appears contradictory. I have nothing setup to test this aspect right now - I will test it later.  

It has local control which can be disabled. It is suggested it should be disabled for certain types of bulbs or if it experiences random ONs.

I have a dimmable LED lamp plugged into one and, so far, it seems to work as well as an LM465. I do have the local control disabled.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:52:50 PM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Smarthome Lamplinc Essential 2000SC
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:27:44 PM »

My Smarthome 1132CU Interface with their Smarthome Manager Essentials software does Preset Dims and my 2000SC does not respond to it.
Maybe they changed the firmware in it. Mine you can't disable Local Control, but can set it to resume dim or go full On.

One tip. Don't overload it. It has a fuse in it and I bet you can guess how I know that.  ;D

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 04:54:21 PM »

My Smarthome 1132CU Interface with their Smarthome Manager Essentials software does Preset Dims and my 2000SC does not respond to it.
Thanks, that saves me digging out an Ocelot/TW523 to test it.

BTW, in case you do not already know this - an easy way to test is with either an RMS voltmeter or Kill A Watt. Both will show the output voltage steps as you dim/brighten.

Maybe they changed the firmware in it. Mine you can't disable Local Control, but can set it to resume dim or go full On.
No change - I just misread the docs - you can disable Resume Dim but not Local Control.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 06:15:23 PM »

Thanks for the tip on checking the levels. Eyes can be deceiving.
I will try a meter or Kill A Watt meter.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 07:33:15 PM »

Well when I use the 1132CU with software. If I send individual dim commands after turning it On. It was 32 commands from On to Off.

If I used AHP and CM15A. Calling it an old before soft start LM465. Setting it to 51% send an On then around 11 dims in a stream. The 2000SC was at around 50%.
I tried studying your data on dim and micro dim. Didn't quite jive with my results.
Maybe when you have a chance. You maybe able to make more sense of it.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
    • davehouston.org
C
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 08:34:40 PM »

I tried studying your data on dim and micro dim. Didn't quite jive with my results.
Maybe when you have a chance. You maybe able to make more sense of it.

That was all done using standard X10 modules so it doesn't surprise me that a Smarthome module might behave differently. You really need software that can send singles and a meter to accurately measure the module output as well as a 'scope to see what's on the powerline.

I'll try to redo those using a 2000SC module as well as a pre-Insteon 2000STW (I believe this was their first X10-capable module) and (when I get them back) a couple of Insteon/X10 modules (I forget the model number) that I loaned to a couple of people seeing the random ONs associated (apparently) with Duke's Smart Meters.

PS: There was a command-line program for the CM11A that you could use to send singles. I discovered this by accident when I tried to use it to send Dims in 1% increments and those below ~5% seemed to do nothing (according to my eyeballs). Dan Lanciani sent me on a quest to document this when he told me how the Dim doublets worked (without providing exact values). I used my Kill A Watt to accurately measure the increments.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:57:50 PM by dhouston »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.