Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VCR Commander and eagle eyes  (Read 4842 times)

gabie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VCR Commander and eagle eyes
« on: February 07, 2008, 09:05:59 PM »

Hello, I have my vcr com. programmed to rec. and stop. I have 1 wireless camera on ninja with an eagle eye. When the sensor is tripped the vcr starts rec. and stop like it should. I programmed in the 2nd wireless cam with eagle eye and it works also IF the sensor is in the house . The house is all open xcept 4 bedroom and bath, the 1st sensor that is working is farther away(downstairs outside) from the vcr commander than the 2nd sensor. The camera is on A2 and the sensor is on A2 aand the darn thing will rec. and stop if the sensor is in the house, as soon as I put it out (rite outside the door) it will trip the camera on but will not trip the vcr to record. It's lik I'm not getting a signal to it or from (sensor) to the vcr. If I walk outside and trip the sensor it will go to that camera but will not start rec. BUT I can pick up the sensor and walk into the house and then it starts recording. By the way I have tried a different sensor and it does the same thing. I really lik this equipment but man it is a pain in the u know where trying to get it all working.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: VCR Commander and eagle eyes
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 10:08:09 PM »

gabie: Welcome to the forum. Most of the X10 motion sensors do have a limited transmission range. If it's not practical to move your VCR Commander closer, you might want to find a better outside location for the EagleEye that still covers the area you want monitored. Try to keep it away from any metal if you can, and try not to have any metal object between the EagleEye & VCR Commander (eaves, doors, duct work, etc.)

gabie

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 10:21:00 PM »

Thanks for the welcome! I did try to move the vcr comm. closer. I could see it from the door and the door was open. The house is log and the back door is metal but it is at least 8 to 10 feet from the door(I tried farther also). The working 1 is placed on the framing around the aluminum garage door with block walls. The heat pump is under the back door(home is up on block high in air bcuz of river) but it didn't seem to matter if it was running or not. Sensor works good for tripping camera but it just won't go into rec mode when I take it outside.

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 10:47:53 PM »

You might want to try the passive radiator described here:  http://jvde.us/x10/passive.pdf

« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 10:18:28 PM by JeffVolp »

gabie

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 11:56:24 AM »

I have a ?, do I need to put the wire with the sensor or  the vcr commander or mayb the mini transciever? I'm guessing the sensor.

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 12:59:32 PM »

I have a ?, do I need to put the wire with the sensor or  the vcr commander or mayb the mini transciever? I'm guessing the sensor.

Place it next to the sensor.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.