Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PAM02 not working  (Read 3224 times)

jrleeuk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
PAM02 not working
« on: February 13, 2008, 06:23:13 PM »

After receiving the CM15a and two PAM02 modules I set them up in the same and adjoining rooms. Both PAM02 worked for three or four on/off cycles then stopped working altogether. Both units seem to be stuck open and don't react to signals from the CM15A. Did the units burn out? If so is it normal and can I get a replacement?

I tried wired solutions in the past but the wiring on this house is such that it didn't work. I thought AHP was a wireless system and thats is why I wanted to give it a try.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 06:26:26 PM by jrleeuk »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: PAM02 not working
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 06:31:42 PM »

Have you tried one of them in the same outlet as the CM15A? On the chance that maybe something has started to make powerline interference?
What was the load on the modules?
Quit working completely does not sound like a normal problem we have seen reported here. Though it could be a bad batch.

jrleeuk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 07:15:05 PM »

OK I tried both modules in the same outlet set as the CM15A and they are now both working. I moved the one from an outlet controlled by a light switch to a standard outlet in the same room and it works. This is puzzling though as I thought AHP was a wireless system. Am I wrong on this assumption?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 07:52:49 PM »

OK I tried both modules in the same outlet set as the CM15A and they are now both working. I moved the one from an outlet controlled by a light switch to a standard outlet in the same room and it works. This is puzzling though as I thought AHP was a wireless system. Am I wrong on this assumption?

AHP is NOT a wireless system.   The CM15A sends the X10 signals through the powerline.  If a module is plugged into an outlet controlled by a light switch, the X10 signals will never reach the module.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 06:47:13 AM »

Also since it is signals sent on the powerline. Most homes have split phase wiring and sometimes the signals have trouble getting to the other phase or newer electronic gadgets make noise or absorb the signals.

The CM15A does use RF for receiving signals from things like remotes and motion sensors. It also can transmit signals to control RF controlled devices like a camera pan and tilt.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 07:33:54 AM by Brian H »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 12:14:46 PM »

jrleeuk

If everything works when plugged in same outlet as CM15A, start troubleshooting by searching the forum for "noise" and "phase coupling".
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.