Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Integration with Homeseer  (Read 9899 times)

heatvent

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Integration with Homeseer
« on: February 15, 2008, 05:45:54 PM »

Hi, I use Homeseer as my HA system.  I also have an X10 security system and would like to somehow integrate security motion detectors, etc. with my HS system as well as have the ability to send RF security commands to arm and disarm my alarm.

I know there is the W800RF32A and other solutions that receive and some that send X10 commands via RF with HS.  I also know HS does not support the CM15a.  I am looking to use my CM15a and AHP to run the security side of my system but would like to have AHP and HS somehow interact directly so I can use the CM15a and update status of my security devices duplicated in HS.

For example, motion detector goes off, CM15a picks up signal, communicates with AHP, which in turn tells HS that the sensor went off.

Is there a way to do a plugin to either AHP or HS or both that would allow me to do this.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Integration with Homeseer
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 06:55:47 PM »

Many moons ago I asked the creators of Homeseer to add support for AHP (the CM15A) and was snubbed!  :( Something the users here won't do! ;)
Currently there isn't a plug-in for this :(
If you can write scripts you may be able to incorporated AHP into Homeseer! (I've heard there is a script for it now but what it will do I'm not sure)
As for the security aspect of it the SDK currently doesn't allow one to see that info!

One work around would be to have a designated x10 house code for the Security sensors you wish to monitor, create macros in AHP which are triggeredby the sensors  to send the code that responds to the sensor!
eg: front door sensor triggers P1
In HS have P1 set as the frontdoor  ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

heatvent

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Integration with Homeseer
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 11:07:48 PM »

Many moons ago I asked the creators of Homeseer to add support for AHP (the CM15A) and was snubbed!  :( Something the users here won't do! ;)
Currently there isn't a plug-in for this :(
If you can write scripts you may be able to incorporated AHP into Homeseer! (I've heard there is a script for it now but what it will do I'm not sure)
As for the security aspect of it the SDK currently doesn't allow one to see that info!

One work around would be to have a designated x10 house code for the Security sensors you wish to monitor, create macros in AHP which are triggeredby the sensors  to send the code that responds to the sensor!
eg: front door sensor triggers P1
In HS have P1 set as the frontdoor  ;)

Thanks for the infor and the suggestion.  I have tried the macro house code trigger, it's OK but I would like to avoid using my powerlines to transmit when both programs sit on the same PC.  I will try to search for the script you speak of.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.