Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Error Trapping?  (Read 2391 times)

SafeShowroom

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    • Safe Showroom
Error Trapping?
« on: February 26, 2008, 11:44:47 PM »

For what it's worth, I would really like to see error handling added to deal with fatal errors. My AHP 3.206 just simply crashes for no reason. I'll have it minimized to the system tray, while I'm working with other programs, and just out of the blue... BAM-CRASH.

There is no way I could leave my pc running for a week, so that I could view my camera's feed online.

Reinstalling the program shouldn't be necessary, this is a new installation.
(BTW, I've had the same version of Quickbooks Pro running for more than 2 years with not so much as an alert.)

Quality software is quality software; you don't need an IT degree to spot the differences.

Thanks!

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Re: Error Trapping?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 09:59:11 AM »

I agree - and with my installation (Vista Ultimate), when AHP locks, it sends the CPUs into overdrive, causes my fan to spin up, and slows down other running processes.  Although it seems to happen only when overlapping macros run, to work-around (especially when I'm away), I have AHP send me an email every hour and when I don't get it, I know it's probably locked.  Then I use LogMeIn.com to stop the AHP services (via task manager), and restart AHP.
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.