Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Routers, Port Forwarding, IP Address problems.  (Read 21178 times)

Wansum

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Routers, Port Forwarding, IP Address problems.
« on: December 23, 2007, 01:20:55 PM »

There doesnt seem to be alot of info regarding the setup of this equipment through NAT routers, alot of questions, not alot of answers. Ive got one more. When im using the LAN setup everthing is working fine. All my cameras are up and running, they record to my VCR on motion detect everything works great. I can even connect to my server with remote XRAY when its behind the firewall.

If i go outside the firewall and try and access i get the usual cant connect to server. I know the xray server is using the ip address of the router, 198.168.0.100 which does me know good as i need it to detect the ip address of the cable modem, so i can connect to that modem via the internet. I cant find a way to change the server to that ip address.

Any help would be appreciated.
Ty in advance
Wansum

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Routers, Port Forwarding, IP Address problems.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 01:52:17 PM »

You need to go into your router setup and Play with port forwarding and filters!
Exactly what you have to change will vary with router brands! ;)
You can access this info by going to the router configuration IP address and entering the password! Usually this address is 192.168.1.1 ! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

zach1234

Re: Routers, Port Forwarding, IP Address problems.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 10:30:00 PM »

X10 says:

"If you are still unable to connect, the issue is most likely due to a firewall or network security configuration (Zone Alarm, Norton Internet Security, Windows XP Firewall, Router, McAfee Personal Firewall, etc).

The ports for X10 are 8080 and 8888 (TCP).

You may test the above ports for connection status with our Online Internet Connection Test on the following page:

http://www.x10.com/support/netinfo/netinfoadvance.htm

Make sure to Show Advanced View and put in each port number specifically and individually in the Listening Port field at the bottom.

If one or both of these tests fail, it may be because a firewall or router is blocking or rerouting ports on your computer. Try disabling any firewalls, or call your ISP or router manufacturer to find out how to open or "forward" ports to your computer.

If you are using a router, it may also be necessary for you to setup a feature called port forwarding inside of your router's configuration. This will ensure that when information is sent through the ports, they are tagged with the proper IP Address for routing."

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.