Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Light coming on early  (Read 3279 times)

Autoguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Light coming on early
« on: March 02, 2008, 05:02:53 PM »

>:(This message to for tech service.  Ever since I switched from a timer based unit to the Active Home Pro I have had nothing but problems.  I pasted questions and received responses, most of which did not solve my problem in the long term.  That is the problem came back within a few weeks.  Now I have lights that are turning on or off too early, and sometimes they will not respond to the programming.  There is no reason for this inconsistent operation.  I have checked everything that has been suggested on this blog, and I have come to the conclusion that the Active Home Pro is nothing but JUNK.  I do not understand how a company can produce a product with all of these problems
Just reading the various posting reveals that this product is flawed.  If I could only reverse time, I could have saved myself a lot of time aggravation and money.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Light coming on early
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 06:50:45 PM »

>:(This message to for tech service. 

I am not sure ANY of X10's "tech support" read these posts (some might... I don't know).

This forum is run by volunteer X10 customers/users... like yourself. We do this because we like X10... and we understand the frustration of being alone with this technology.

Ever since I switched from a timer based unit to the Active Home Pro I have had nothing but problems.  I pasted questions and received responses, most of which did not solve my problem in the long term

I took the time (my own time) to go back and review your (9) posts. I didn't find any related to an AHP timer problem... so I double checked your posts again. I did find a similar post to this one (posted Jan 12th).

There isn't anything wrong with a little rant about X10... there is even a thread for it. But if you can take the time to describe your set-up and problem... maybe we can help you resolve it.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 04:47:18 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Light coming on early
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 03:31:19 PM »

I have to agree with  Dave_x10_L

Autoguy There are some very simple things that can cause your timers to be off!
And if it is one of them you'll feel very foolish!(I know I've done it!)
First
    [li]Ensure your location is correctly set in AHP and saved to the interface [/li]
    [li]Next ensure your timers aren't using the security setting[/li]
    [li]Ensure the time in Windows is displaying correctly[/li]
    [li]If possible keep your CM15A connected to the PC via the USB cable [li]
    [/b][/list]
    If I've missed a common fix I'm sure someone else will chime in! :-[ ;)
    It usually is a little overlooked thing which causes BIG issues! :(
    Since you stated you used another device prior to AHP please post what all x10 equipment you currently have plugged in!
    Sometimes keeping an old device in use will cause major pains until it is configured correctly in AHP!(been there too!) :-[ ;)
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
    © Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.