Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My DS7000 Just Died  (Read 5340 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
My DS7000 Just Died
« on: March 12, 2008, 07:11:45 PM »

Well it's been only a little over three years in and my DS7000 console died last night only my wife myself and the dog were in attendance at the moment of it's departure. Actually around 8pm I noticed the unit randomly turning lights on and off. I then tried to arm the system as I usually do before we turned in. At that time I noticed a kind of buzzing sound and a popping sound well that was enough for me I just pulled out my backup unit YES I backup all this stuff for this very reason, as we all know these units are made in China with obvious Chinese quality these units appear to have a lifespan of 5 years or so no were near what a quality console should be my parents have a simple Brinks unit that was made in Canada that's 15 years old and has never had a service call and still going strong! I say 5 years because I had another unit before this one that did make it all the way to it 5th birthday before checking out. What if this thing had failed when I was out of town and I was planing a trip to Miami that could of proved disastrous if it had happen when we were out of town.

That's why I only recommend these systems for as short term fix, I'm currently building a mega system which will run a few grand but it has the best of everything and NO COMPONETS MADE IN CHINA. I would still recommend these x10 systems but only until you can get something better and more dependable, a lot of the stuff you buy now you can carry over into your next system and if your main system ever goes out for what ever reason you can dust this one off until you can service your main system. Well just wanted you guys to know so that you won't come home to empty house because some of these components failed. I was just flat out lucky this time!!

Tom j
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 11:22:43 PM by tom j »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.