Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WS467 Does not turn on  (Read 3723 times)

EJNIV

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
WS467 Does not turn on
« on: March 20, 2008, 06:08:23 PM »

One of my WS467 switches was working perfectly until it froze.  I could not turn it off at the switch, the remote would not turn it off, nor could I turn it off using the AHP software.  I ordered 5 new switches (planning ahead), and when I installed the new switch, the light will not turn on when set in AHP to turn on at dusk.  When I use the remote, I notice the 100 watt bulb comes on slowly when I press on, and when I press off, it dims to darkness, rather than turning on and off.  I have searched the forum, and have tried changing the macro to "on instead of 100% brightness" and I have used the repeat setting to send the signal repeatedly in an effort to get it to turn on.

My other WS467 switches when I use the remote turn on and off, no dimming.  The bulbs are standard (the same one that I was using before the switch died), and no new radio frequency devices have been introduced into the home.  Basically everything is the same.

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions,

Ed

whsbuss

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: WS467 Does not turn on
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 06:13:48 PM »

One of my WS467 switches was working perfectly until it froze.  I could not turn it off at the switch, the remote would not turn it off, nor could I turn it off using the AHP software.  I ordered 5 new switches (planning ahead), and when I installed the new switch, the light will not turn on when set in AHP to turn on at dusk.  When I use the remote, I notice the 100 watt bulb comes on slowly when I press on, and when I press off, it dims to darkness, rather than turning on and off.  I have searched the forum, and have tried changing the macro to "on instead of 100% brightness" and I have used the repeat setting to send the signal repeatedly in an effort to get it to turn on.

My other WS467 switches when I use the remote turn on and off, no dimming.  The bulbs are standard (the same one that I was using before the switch died), and no new radio frequency devices have been introduced into the home.  Basically everything is the same.

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions,

Ed

Even with the "send ON instead of bright" macro option, you will need a dummy macro to do it. For example:

Garage Light - A1 WS467 switch
Macro P1 - set to run at dusk - set A1 Garage Light to ON 100%

This works for me.

EJNIV

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 07:11:38 PM »

Thanks so much.  I haven't used macros, but just did one, and it certainly turned the back door light on when I chose "run macro."   I'm going to turn it off and see what happens at dusk.

Again, I really appreciate the helpful and prompt input/help.

Ed

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 07:16:04 PM »

...When I use the remote, I notice the 100 watt bulb comes on slowly when I press on, and when I press off, it dims to darkness, rather than turning on and off.  I have searched the forum, and have tried changing the macro to "on instead of 100% brightness" and I have used the repeat setting to send the signal repeatedly in an effort to get it to turn on.

My other WS467 switches when I use the remote turn on and off, no dimming.  The bulbs are standard (the same one that I was using before the switch died), and no new radio frequency devices have been introduced into the home.  Basically everything is the same....
You have the "new & improved" WS467 switches. X10 changed the switch and left the model number the same. To my knowledge, there has been no official notice of the change.

Note: They have done the same thing with their new lamp module. In the case of the lamp module, they're advertising them as soft start but they didn't bother to assign a new model number.

Instead of learning from their 1st mistake, they reloaded and shot themselves in the other foot.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:19:12 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

EJNIV

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 08:22:44 PM »

I like the macro idea, and I may need an inservice on creating the macro, but the light didn't come on :-(.

EJNIV

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 09:05:51 AM »

Thanks to those of you who responded to my post, and I wanted to update you and report a solution.

Although I loved the macro idea, it alone did not solve the problem.  So, I searched the archives and found a post entitled "New WS467 has problem with turn on brightening and ...":

http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=14482.0

In this thread, it was recommended that the WS467 be listed as a XPD3, so I changed the WS467 to the XPD3.  To be on the safe side, I DID include a macro to turn on the back door about 20 minutes before dusk (the XPD3, aka W467 is on at dusk, off at dawn).

Viola!  All lights on and off this morning (except a lamp but I think that's because it's a 3-way switch and I've always had problems with that lamp).

Thanks again to all who helped, and I appreciate this forum (especially since I have still not gotten a response from X10's tech support folks).  When my X10 works, I love it, but as we've read time and time again, it seems "it takes a community" to make X10 actually do what it's supposed to do.

Ed

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 04:54:32 PM »

...Thanks again to all who helped, and I appreciate this forum (especially since I have still not gotten a response from X10's tech support folks).  When my X10 works, I love it, but as we've read time and time again, it seems "it takes a community" to make X10 actually do what it's supposed to do....
While generally polite, the follow through from X10's customer service does at times leave something to be desired. Perhaps the best thing X10 has done is to provide this forum. With the increasing amount of other electronics in homes now, X10 setup isn't always "plug & play" any more. That's when is is nice to have the community here. Most problems, while new to newbies, aren't new to many of the folks here that donate their time to helping others.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.