Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5872 times)

DoktorDave

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 16, 2007, 02:59:51 PM »

I have owned and used X10 since before X10 owned it! When BSR first came out with the plugins and control boxes in 1978 I bought a bunch and gave them to family and friends. Then when computers became available in the 1980's I had the system on my computer in DOS mode! Then it when to Windows. I have purchased over a dozen entire home systems and gave  them as gifts to family and friends. In April my Interface died! CM15, I ordered a new one, with warranty. On the 26th of June my X-10 Interface crashed. I phoned and spoke with "Phil", I said I do not wish to wait for the replacement to arrive, send me a new one OVERNIGHT and charge my
VISA. Two days later it arrived. I phoned and "Phil" answered, I requested to speak to a supervisor/manager, it was barely out of my mouth and Phil replied, " you cannot speak to one!". Why? They won't speak to customers! They will e-mail you within 24 hours!!
And I will credit your Visa $17.00, half of the shipping my because "we screwed up". TODAY IS THE 16th OF JULY AND STILL NO CREDIT TO MY VISA!!!  PART # 2:  On The 27th of JUNE, 2007 I was e-mail a return Authorization number. I shipped it FEDEX and tracked it back to North Las Vegas!  It arrive at 1:41 p.m. and was signed for by "Rebecca". I had told Phil to just credit my card when the "dead one" arrived ! Yesterday, The 15th of July I received an e-mail notifying me my NEW CM15 was being shipped from Las Vegas!!
I phoned and requested them to cancel it, I informed them I had already received a new one weeks ago. We credit will your Visa.
I phoned today and spoke with a very rude "Nikia" who refused to connect me with a manager! They will e-mail you within 24 hours.
Your customer service people/ yes even your sales people act as if they are doing you, "the customer" a favor!!"..
 TO MANAGEMENT: YOU REALLY SHOULD MONITOR SOME OF THESE CALLS, you would not believe how bloody rude you very young
operaters are. I have been a degreed/licensed Psychiatrist for over 37 years. Stanford University for my B.S., and M.D., Cal-Berkeley for Ph.D. Your people have a real chip on their shoulders! Every time I phone they are rude, curt, dismissive!! You should look into this because it really turns people/your customers off!! Please feel free to phone me, I am in your computer banks.
FOOTNOTE: Phil, Nikia, and Amy are all located in your Seattle Offices.   right now X-10 has $17.00 and $55.98  which should have been credited back to my ViSA weeks ago!                  HELP!! Please!!
Check the Invoice number  839330-BP645 dated 6/27/2007. This will give you my real name and e-mail address and my phone number should be there also, because it is required for a purchase with a credit card. Part of your corp. system is faulty and needs to be fixed! you have heard it from a REAL shrink! Please contact me very soon. You owe me money.
Dr. ___________,M.D.,Ph.D.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 07:18:46 AM »

I requested to speak to a supervisor/manager, it was barely out of my mouth and Phil replied, " you cannot speak to one!".
I phoned today and spoke with a very rude "Nikia" who refused to connect me with a manager! They will e-mail you within 24 hours.

I guess the lesson learned, is that you can't talk with a manager.  :D

BTW, Verizon does the same thing.  Managers never seem to be available, and they never make the promised return call.  Never.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

CinemaDude

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 04:57:27 PM »

i dont want to stray off topic, but since it was brought up and it does speak to the service sector of industry, Verizon is probably the best example of the WORSE customer service I have ever encountered.  We needed to put in a DSL line so tickets could be sold on line.  Without going into too much detail, let me just say that I have a list of telephone numbers that I was passed from one rep to another to another -- some sales people, some service reps some technical people, ALL to a person either couldn't answer simple questions, some, before even letting me get my question out, passed me to another department.  Evern when everything was seemingly ready to go, the installer couldn't find our building.  Three installers them came -- all of them said they couldn't find a clearly marked theatre building.  They wanted to charge us FOR EACH VISIT.  Long story short, from the time we made the first call to the time the DSL was actually up and working I spoke to all of TWENTY FOUR people, all at different phone numbers, and many making me wait for 15, 20, 35 minutes on HOLD!  A couple of times I waited for almost half and hour and then the call was disconnected.  Actually getting the DSL line to function, that alone took two weeks because we had to return the wrong DSL router which they sent and which didn't work; to save time, you would thing they could send out a replacement until the correct one arrived, given it was their own fault -- they sent one that didn't have a static IP and for which we paid extra to have and which required a different router.

It took us a month to get our DSL line to work.  If this is the current state of customer service in the USA, we are fast heading for second rate status as a nation, and it's a train wreck in the making.  Verizon, btw was rated one of the higher telecom companies in consumer satisfaction.  I can't imagine what the others are like!

So 

sillsaviation

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 08:28:09 PM »

Doctordave,

did you ever get your troubles worked out ? I am about to call customer service tomorrow and hope I don't get the same head Achilles tendon as you. Your post is old and I am surprised you didn't get a response on the forum.

ispy

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 01:35:58 PM »

there are those who work and then collect their pay and some who show for work just to collect their pay.
yes i can imagine answering phones would be a most boring job but if someone knew what their product was about whatever that
maybe would be more involved with the customers and the product and the knowledge that it could be more fun.
look at some if not most Giant Corps. so big so many purchase their products it's like a Jugger Naught they seem to be unstoppable
so You don't buy from them tens of thousands still do, so we type and try to resolve with complaints and the internet seems to be the most powerful. i don't purchase anything new unless i read customer ratings and forums first even though sometimes it seems as though someone from the inside is patting their own back and if you read enough you can sometimes feel the ones that are B.S.
especially in the electronics world. yes even i read before purchasing the x10 products some negative statements but did not sway
knowing this forum was provided. most companies i deal with Axiom Audio, Polk Audio, Hurricane MotorSports,X10 Tiger Direct,
just to name a few all have forums thus us helping them to better their products and customer relations.
i type this for i truly am a consumer whore wheather its a pair of tower speakers or our 427SC cobra kit car most places on the internet  and with common courtesy have been most excellent in resolving my needs, the places that don't just plain won't get my bussines period. i spend way to much on-line but save alot doing so, now grant it some of it is from unauthorized dealers the chance
I take so standard warranties are useally not upheld by the manufacture lucky me so far, and i don't believe in extended warranties
because about the time those run out I'm ready for a new one.
ispy, alias avhound

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 08:04:34 AM »

.................  huh?
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 11:47:14 AM »

Doctordave,

did you ever get your troubles worked out ? I am about to call customer service tomorrow and hope I don't get the same head Achilles tendon as you. Your post is old and I am surprised you didn't get a response on the forum.

IMHO
I suspect there might be some understandable, extenuating circumstances as to why "DoKtorDave" received less than stellar service form X10.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

wcr

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 09:04:13 PM »

there is one way I always get positive responce.Go on line up pull the company your having trouble with go to corprate officers it will show their phone mumber and extenion call each and every one be polite & state your case .You will be surprised how quickly things get done.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.