Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 Icon Request  (Read 26606 times)

nswint

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
    • Shiksa
X10 Icon Request
« on: July 08, 2007, 03:26:52 PM »

Could you suggest to the developers to add an X10 icon to the devices lineup and possibly a way for current owners to update icons and remote codes.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: X10 Icon Request
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 03:32:13 PM »

Good thought. Since it has a small Mini USB connector on the left side of the battery compartment. That maybe a way to do it.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 11:32:51 PM »

Could you suggest to the developers to add an X10 icon to the devices lineup and possibly a way for current owners to update icons and remote codes.

I like it x10 ya listening???

Tom j

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 04:34:42 PM »

Since the team at x10 already use the small 5 pin mini USB port to update each of the remotes to the latest drivers I'm sure this can be done!
I have already expressed the need for this to mmallari , even suggested a small add-on package for existing owners with the USB cord and the software to upload the latest drivers and Icons! ;)
The major problem is the software,  ::) it seems X10 needs some programmers as all software updates and such have come to a stand still! ::)  :(
Perhaps once some new programmers get hired or any that are left get freed up we may see something! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

salmonmaki

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 02:33:13 PM »

I would like to see a NESN icon,  being in New England NESN offers local sports in HD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Sports_Network

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 01:00:50 PM »

Since the team at x10 already use the small 5 pin mini USB port to update each of the remotes to the latest drivers I'm sure this can be done!
I have already expressed the need for this to mmallari , even suggested a small add-on package for existing owners with the USB cord and the software to upload the latest drivers and Icons! ;)
The major problem is the software,  ::) it seems X10 needs some programmers as all software updates and such have come to a stand still! ::)  :(
Perhaps once some new programmers get hired or any that are left get freed up we may see something! ;) :D ;D

First of all 'm a proud American but I heard the best programmers in the world are Russian and x10 here's something you should like there cheap!! if they could just get some really good programmers sure wish they would start on the CM15a that would be an excellent place to start.

Tom j

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 01:11:28 PM »

I would like to see a NESN icon,  being in New England NESN offers local sports in HD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Sports_Network

Make your own Icons!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

RobertB

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 01:29:29 PM »

how do we get X10 to put the X10 code 0998 with the 0401 code in the box. I spent 5 hours screwing with it before they suggested coming here.
Great remote.....but that makes it hard to start

4plus3vette

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 03:28:18 PM »

Here is a suggestion for consideration.  Can you make it so I can move my device icons to different buttons - you know, like you can with the TV channel icons?

How about a VH1 icon while they are at it?

I just bought the ICON remote.  It is not with me, so I can't tell you what model number it is, but I can tell you that it does NOT have a USB port anymore.

Starbuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 10:16:24 PM »

What's the point of making icons if you can't upload them to the remote??????????????? ;)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 06:51:57 AM »

Yes it looks like the USB Port is missing on the later units. My test one had it has real OLD firmware. My new one has later firmware and no USB Port.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.