Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Daylight Saving Time  (Read 6853 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Daylight Saving Time
« on: April 02, 2008, 01:44:11 AM »

This has probably been asked before but does or can Activehome Pro automatically adjust the time for daylight saving time? I don't see anything in the help files, I'm not surprised and nothing in AHP to indicate if you can accomplish this automatically, like in XP. Thanks guys

tom j

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Daylight Saving Time
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 07:58:37 AM »

If the CM15 is plugged into the PC, AHP will get its time from Windows.  If not, the firmware in the CM15 is still on the old DST dates, so it's advised to hook it to the PC on the Saturday before the DST date (always a Sunday at 2:00AM) and unhook it after or the timers and macros run an hour late.

Hope this helps.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 06:28:08 PM »

..., so it's advised to hook it to the PC on the Saturday before the DST date (always a Sunday at 2:00AM) and unhook it after or the timers and macros run an hour late.

You need to do this on both the new DST weekends and the old DST weekends.

Plus, for some unknown reason (bug!), a weekend in December too.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

tom j

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 07:35:34 PM »

If the CM15 is plugged into the PC, AHP will get its time from Windows.  If not, the firmware in the CM15 is still on the old DST dates, so it's advised to hook it to the PC on the Saturday before the DST date (always a Sunday at 2:00AM) and unhook it after or the timers and macros run an hour late.

Hope this helps.

Say thanks guys!! well I got it wonder if x10 will ever address this.  ???

tom j

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 07:51:30 PM »

...wonder if x10 will ever address this....
I think they're waiting to see is the US decides to keep the new standard before having a programmer look at it.  ;)  At least it seems that way since to my knowledge no effort on the part of X10 has been alloted to look at the problem. When you search you'll find that there are several very heated discussions on the issue already.

Then there's always the possibility that it is in some part of the CM15A firmware that's non upgradeable with the AHP software. :(
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 08:26:12 PM »

...wonder if x10 will ever address this....
I think they're waiting to see is the US decides to keep the new standard before having a programmer look at it.  ;)  At least it seems that way since to my knowledge no effort on the part of X10 has been alloted to look at the problem. When you search you'll find that there are several very heated discussions on the issue already.

Then there's always the possibility that it is in some part of the CM15A firmware that's non upgradeable with the AHP software. :(

We may have to unpatch our PC's if the energy savings that the DST date change was supposed to create does not meet the expected target.  The original bill has a drop dead in it if the amount doesn't meet specs the DST dates go back to the traditional ones.   That may be what X10 is waiting for.

tom j

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 12:40:11 AM »

Hope this helps.

Let me make sure I understand. Say can't I just hook this thing up the day after DST and just download the timmers and macros  ???  Thanks

Tom j.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 02:57:34 AM »

...Say can't I just hook this thing up the day after DST and just download the timmers and macros ...
Yes, 4 time a year.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

tom j

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 04:24:26 PM »

...Say can't I just hook this thing up the day after DST and just download the timmers and macros ...
Yes, 4 time a year.

4 times a year, not quite sure I understand.  ???    Thanks!

tom j

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 05:25:14 PM »

Where do you get 4 times a year?  If the CM15 is not plugged in, you only need to plug it in Saturday night when DST begins (at 2:00AM) and unhook it Sunday, then repeat the process when DST ends on the Saturday and Sunday.  You do have clear the interface and reload it each time.

I keep my 15 plugged in 365 days a year, 366 on the leap years, so I don't have to do the plug/unplug routine.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 05:32:07 PM »

Where do you get 4 times a year? 
The new DST and the Old DST= 4 times!
The old time is hard coded into the CM15A and time gets reset then! :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 05:38:51 PM »

As I posted, I keep my 15 plugged in 365 days a year, 366 on the leap years, so I don't have to do the plug/unplug routine.

As Bill Clinton said" I feel your pain" for the folks who don't keep the 15 plugged in all the time.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 09:34:56 PM »

The new DST and the Old DST= 4 times!
The old time is hard coded into the CM15A and time gets reset then! :(

Plus a 5th time in December, for some odd and unknown reason.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.