Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OnAlert Frustration  (Read 10770 times)

paul m

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
OnAlert Frustration
« on: April 11, 2008, 05:48:46 PM »

I cannot seem to get all my DS-10A modules to be recognized by OnAlert. They are recognized fine by the 561. Even a relatively close - brand new DS-10A - only 26 feet away is not being recognized. What gives? I even have a repeater installed.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: OnAlert Frustration
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 05:58:14 PM »

Were you successful at getting any DS10As registered with OnAlert?

1) If you have an MS10A security motion sensor inside, then you might want to put a bag over its head while you are walking around to the DS10As.

2) If you are using an unmodified CM15A, then you may have an RF reception problem typical of these units. Is you repeater near the CM15A? Is the repeater the type that can repeat a security RF signal?

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: OnAlert Frustration
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 11:13:08 PM »

"If you are using an unmodified CM15A, then you may have an RF reception problem typical of these units. Is you repeater near the CM15A? Is the repeater the type that can repeat a security RF signal?"
Puck is probably correct here - move one of the sensors very close to the CM15A to see if it can be configured.  If it can then it's a range problem and you need a "modification" to the antenna.  A taped window/door sensor might be easier to check out.  Good luck.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.