Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PC to TV Package Problems  (Read 15276 times)

frankmar

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
PC to TV Package Problems
« on: April 03, 2008, 07:03:39 PM »

My PC to TV audio/Video Package includes the following components:

VT37A Video Sender
VT46A Audio/Video Sender
VR46A Audio/Video receiver
UR73A 5 in 1 Remote

Since My PC does not have a video out RA jack, I did not use the VT46A sender.  Instead, I used the VT37a VGA Sender to transmit (I thought) audio from my sound card line out and video from my my VGA connector to the model VR46A Audio/Video receiver.  The sending VT37A is connected to the VGA output of my PC and the audio out connector using the 2 X 1 adapter.  MY PC monitor works fine, so I know the cable is connected properly. The video output RCA jack on the VR46A receiver is properly connecter to Input #2 on my TV.  The audio out jacks on the VR46A receiver are properly connected to the AUX input on my home entertainment systen,

I receive audio and can play it through my home entertainment system.  However, there is no video on the TV on Input #2.  As noted above, all connections are properly made.  I tried all 4 channels (A-B-C-D) on both the VT37A and VR46A and still no video.

There wasn’t any software with the hardware I received, so I downloaded the driver for the VT37A USB connection thinking it may be needed to transmit video.  I connected the USB cable after installing the driver and still no video on my TV.

The instructions with the UR73A remote don’t even talk about the various pieces of hardware I received so I don’t know if I have to use it in any way to allow video transmission.

I tried all 4 channels (A-B-C-D) on both the VT37A and VR46A and still no video.

Any help getting the video to transmit to my TV with this package will be appreciated.

Thanks

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: PC to TV Package Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:03:04 PM »

Since My PC does not have a video out RA jack, I did not use the VT46A sender.  Instead, I used the VT37a VGA Sender to transmit (I thought) audio from my sound card line out and video from my my VGA connector to the model VR46A Audio/Video receiver.

Theres your problem! The VT37A should be sending BOTH your video AND audio. If you don't have an RCA-to-mini-jack cable (one should have been included) you can pick one up most anywhere (Walmart). They are the same cords as used with ipods and such.

To simply transmitt the PC's picture and sound.... you don't need the software... it makes no difference.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

frankmar

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 11:02:19 AM »

"Theres your problem! The VT37A should be sending BOTH your video AND audio. If you don't have an RCA-to-mini-jack cable (one should have been included) you can pick one up most anywhere (Walmart). They are the same cords as used with ipods and such.

To simply transmitt the PC's picture and sound.... you don't need the software... it makes no difference."

Dave, I think you misunderstood.  I am getting audio fine via the VT37A.  The output of my sound card is connected to the VT37A using the RCA-To-mini cable.  The audio out on the VR46 receiver is going to one of the inputs on my Surround sound system.

I'm not getting VIDEO!  My PC Video card VGA Connector goes to both my monitor and the VT37A using the supplied video splitter cable.  The video on my PC monitor is perfect.  No matter which channel I use (A-B-C-D) on the VT37A & VR46 (both set to the same channel when trying)  or how I position the transmitter or receiver, I get no video signal at the receiver.  The video out on the VR46A receiver is going to Input #2 on my TV.  I tested my TV Input #2 just to make sure it works OK by plugging my DVD line level video into it and I get a picture just fine. The TV is not the problem.  So, again, I'm cabled up correctly on both ends but I get no VIDEO on my TV.

StanH

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 01:18:44 AM »

I have an identical problem (almost) as frankmar's. Same wireless devices, VBA splitter to monitor, same TV connections except I run the audio to the TV. I get good sound.

I say "almost" the same problem because the TV does show a staticy screen where the PC screen should be. That is before I reboot the PC. After rebooting the PC the TV shows a blurry desktop. Too blurry to read words in documents. It is understandable that the TV picture changes after I reboot the computer because its user manual says that it can recognize a PC by plug&Play and adjust its timing accordingly.

Here is my equipment:
TV=Sony KDL 40v4100 LCD
Monitor=ViewSonic 1926  19" color TFT active matrix WSXGA, Optimum Resolution=1440x900,  LCD

I have two questions:
1) Why can't I get a clear picture to the TV?
2) Is there a wireless receiver with VGA output rather than composite video?

Special factor:
The TV has at VGA PC-in port that treats the PC signal differently than the video2 composite video port. If I can't get a clear wireless picture and can't find a way to get VGA into my TV by wireless I might try forgoing wireless and buying a long VGA extender cable.

Also, I find that they sell different VGA cables for different resolutions. I wonder if that implies something about PC to TV problems?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.