Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need help buying a kit  (Read 2977 times)

imloggedin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Need help buying a kit
« on: May 05, 2008, 10:16:15 AM »

I am going to buy an X10 kit but im not exactly sure what to buy. At home i dont have a lan line and dont plan on buying one so id like to have a way for it to email my phone or text message me, or if theres a way to hook the dialer up to a cellphone that would work too. I do have internet and many computers. Are any of these things possible? Also how do people with pets deal with arming their house at night? I have a cat that runs around upstairs, i can put it in the basement at night if i have to but id rather not, and i dont wanna buy 15 window/door sensors.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Need help buying a kit
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 06:18:06 PM »

I am going to buy an X10 kit but im not exactly sure what to buy. At home i dont have a lan line and dont plan on buying one so id like to have a way for it to email my phone or text message me, or if theres a way to hook the dialer up to a cellphone that would work too. I do have internet and many computers. Are any of these things possible? Also how do people with pets deal with arming their house at night? I have a cat that runs around upstairs, i can put it in the basement at night if i have to but id rather not, and i dont wanna buy 15 window/door sensors.
all of your questions can be answered with an Advanced Search!
As for relying on just motion sensors be prepared to get false alarms even with the cat in the basement!
Watch for 4 for one deals it will cut the cost of the window sensors big time! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.