Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Punchthrough  (Read 21929 times)

Starbuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Punchthrough
« on: April 11, 2008, 07:26:21 PM »

I can't figure out the manual instructions for punchthrough.

I want to have the mute & volume buttons always control the theatre system while in any other mode.

How is that done?

speedbugy

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Punchthrough
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 02:01:38 PM »

Starbuck,  first all  select setup..advanced.....punchthrough,,,,,,,
select DVD, VCR, etc. across from volume, select the device you want to be the same ex.  VCR, DVD, Audio etc. (you will have to hit the button on the right side until the device you want to operate shows up)   after you select the  device you want to operate the same select volume, channels, etc on the left side of the control....then hit the save button. Be sure you do no not select TV in the first step. If you do make sure it is set to not set. Hope this helps and not too confusing. This is really a good remote for oots of things. I am just an X10 customer by the way and like to mess with new stuff. Email me and I will get on Yahoo Messenger or something to try and help if I can. 

speedbugy

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 02:19:51 PM »

By the way Starbuck......do not use punchthrough on any device that has it own volume control such as a stereo to work with your TV volume or your other audio device volume wont work when you select it. VCR's, DVD,s do not have a volume on them so devices like these are the only ones you want to use.

Starbuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 09:05:17 PM »

It's dissapointing that keys like Mute are not also included in the punchthrough. 
I like the remote, but IMO this & other things makes the case for having an AUX
USB connector so that one could store macros on a PC & reload them easily or
easily copy them to other modes.

4plus3vette

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 11:01:30 AM »

As far as the mute button goes, I believe that when you punch through volume +/-, you are also punching through mute.

I, too, was thinking that it would be nice to punch through more items.  The way around this would be to learn that specific key (whatever key you would like to punch through that is not on the list to punch through) on each device from another remote.  It takes a little more time to do, but achieves the same end result.

speedbugy

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 01:09:41 PM »

Mute works fine on my end. If volume, channel, and rest of buttons work there is no reason that mute will not work if it was programmed in the beginning.

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 05:39:19 PM »

I wish they had the power button on the punchthrough list

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.