Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: just sent back home security kit to X10  (Read 5160 times)

bcinny

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
just sent back home security kit to X10
« on: April 09, 2008, 06:37:07 PM »

Hello,
I wanted something easy to install so that I could monitor my home when I'm out of town. One camera that I could connect to my desktop with a dsl connection and check on my empty home with my lap top. My desktop is XP O/S my laptop is Vista O/S. I don't need motion detection or emails. So X10 sent me so much stuff that I was baffled and the Vanguard Software. Hours and hours later I returned it to get my $ back.  X10 was very helpful but most of the directions were hard for me to understand. Please tell me what you would recommend to a person that basically needs play and plug. Have you ever heard of TinCam Web Cam software? Thanks
BC

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: just sent back home security kit to X10
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 07:54:21 PM »

Please tell me what you would recommend to a person that basically needs play and plug.

If you just want to peek-in and check out the home using the Internet... check out IP Cams. Mine operates wired.. or wirelessly without needing a computer. They have firmware IP servers built-in.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

zach1234

Re: just sent back home security kit to X10
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 06:41:59 PM »

If you have a spare webcam and Computer try Yawcam. It gives you the ability to remote connect. I have a demo of it on my website www.homeautomationchat.zoomshare.com but if you want to do the easyest do a Linksys PTZ internet camera.

See more info at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2h75KCFEN_Y

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f6kAt3fIdB4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.