Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ??? AHP Hardware Configuration Appears to be KAPUT  (Read 5941 times)

Mr Bob

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
??? AHP Hardware Configuration Appears to be KAPUT
« on: April 18, 2008, 06:29:11 PM »

Woe is me.  If it's not one problem, it's another.  About 5 weeks ago, I had another hard drive failure.  This time I lost AHP and all accessories, macros and timers.  After reinstalling all, I now cannot configure (Tools -> Hardware Configuration) AHP.  When I click on Location, all I see is the top line filled in ("Custom") and the rest of the drop-down box is blank.  Anyone know what's up with this?

As always, I am appreciative of your kind responses.  Thanks.

Bob Hendry
Cheers!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Bob H.
Southern Maryland

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: ??? AHP Hardware Configuration Appears to be KAPUT
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 07:30:55 PM »

I'm not sure, but rule #1 is ALWAYS back up your .ahx files and make sure the backups are on a different drive than C: or on removable media.  That will save your bacon.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 07:47:33 PM »

Mr Bob
Sounds like either a bad install, or the wrong AHP, or you still had references to your old install! When I installed AHP EU(European version) I got "Custom" visible in the location box!
I had assumed it was because I still had the other North American version on the PC in another drive and folder!
Did you install AHP to the same folder & drive you originally had it installed in!
How did you reinstall windows, from the  original CD or a back up?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Mr Bob

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 09:32:57 AM »

Thanks, guys.  Y'all are spoiling me - I carry the expatation of helpfully prompt responses with me to other forua that I frequent . . .

The old (2 month old!) hard drive just died - I installed AHP to a new directory on a new drive.  Windows XP Pro was re-installed from the original CD-ROM.

All seems to be relatively normal - except for the issue mentioned above, AND, APH frequently crashes when I adjust any of the sliders to dim or brighten a lamp.  (I also had this problem when I originally installed AHP last Autum - can't remember how I fixed it.  Guess I'll just stop adjusting brightness levels from the desktop for now.)

Again - thanks for all your advice.  Cheers!

Bob H
Southern Maryland
Cheers!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Bob H.
Southern Maryland

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 10:03:38 AM »

I originally installed AHP last Autum - can't remember how I fixed it
The very reasons for the forums!
Many users will come here asking for advice of which may not directly solve the problem but leads the user down the road to a permanent fix!
Unfortunately many times they never return to say ya that worked or no that didn't work but got me to try this which did! ::) :(
I've tried to group helpful tips and suggestions into sticky threads so users can find things like you have mentioned Bob.
Have you checked those sticky threads? One link may jog your memory! ;)
In any case when you do get it working be sure to post back in case it happens again to you!
Someone else I'm sure will find it helpful! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.