📝Reviews > Old X10 web sites

How bad is the website ?

(1/5) > >>

Malisaw:
 ::)

I use a host file I download and keep updated that blocks known spam/malware/adware/nuisance popup sites, etc.....  redirects them all to the local port.  Well, when I found the product I was interested in by googling and went to click on it...I couldn't load the page.  Did a little checking and the X10 site is such a nuisance site that it is blocked by most of the host files available on the net.

I'm amazed that they have such good products (I've used 3 different products of theirs to date -- the video sender/receiver is the first I've used in about 6 years though)... and such pathetic marketing ploys that they are known on the net as a nuisance / spam site.

They sure need to spend some time enhancing the image they've managed to establish over the past years!  :( :(

Love the products, hate the marketing!  >:(

Brian H:
My Spyware program also blocks X10s sales site by default. For me to look for products I have to allow them access.
In former years X10 was very bad at spamming your mailbox. They are now much better but I would guess the reputation lingers.

steven r:

--- Quote from: Malisaw on April 26, 2008, 09:35:11 AM ---...Love the products, hate the marketing! 

--- End quote ---
Most people of intelligence agree.

--- Quote from: Brian H on April 26, 2008, 12:46:08 PM ---My Spyware program also blocks X10s sales site by default. For me to look for products I have to allow them access.
In former years X10 was very bad at spamming your mailbox. They are now much better but I would guess the reputation lingers.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Malisaw on April 26, 2008, 09:35:11 AM ---I use a host file I download and keep updated that blocks known spam/malware/adware/nuisance popup sites, etc...

--- End quote ---
X10 was the 1st company to use the "pop under ads". Most default host files designed to block ads block access to X10 sites also. I had to edit mine to allow access to the X10 site for the rare times I go there. Their web site has driven me to buy most of my needs elsewhere.

JimC:
My ISP blocks X10. I am unable to receive emails from X10. What a pain, I am not notified of responses to my posts and I never get emails from their sales site even though I have requested them.  :( :(  My ISP has told me that they block what they concider nuisance sites.

dave w:

--- Quote from: JimC on April 28, 2008, 06:20:26 AM ---My ISP blocks X10. I am unable to receive emails from X10. What a pain, I am not notified of responses to my posts and I never get emails from their sales site even though I have requested them.  :( :(  My ISP has told me that they block what they concider nuisance sites.

--- End quote ---

And they give you no control or say over this??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version