Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help: Can't get video image on my computer  (Read 5459 times)

traveler

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Help: Can't get video image on my computer
« on: May 13, 2008, 12:17:11 PM »

I have sent an email  request for installation help to X-10 but still haven't received any acknowledgement or reply!
I bought the AHP software package and an XX20A wireless camera.
When clicking on the "On Air" icon in the iWitness software appearing on my computer monitor, I get a momentary  "Go Live" but then I only get the static window "Active Home Professional Video Monitoring".

I then connected the camera receiver VR42A to a "video-in" port on my TV set and do get the camera images. However there's a continuing rolling horizontal white bar along with jitter (image shaking) which is very annoying. How can this be eliminated so that I can see clear solid camera images?
Could this be causing the total lack of camera image on my computer screen?

speedbugy

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Help: Can't get video image on my computer
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 12:43:27 PM »

Have you got floursent lamp nearby. If so turn it off. Mabe even a energy saving bulb you replaced. Too far away from camera too. 100ft is not always the case. X10 dont always send a clear picture over 20 to 30 ft. Tweak the reveiver a bit at a time and be sure the sending antenna and reveiver are pointing at each other. Also, try turning off other devices to see if they are interfering.

traveler

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 01:43:12 PM »

Thanks speedbugy.  When I shut off my router which was about 6ft from my VR42A receiver, the rolling bar and jitter on my TV went away.
(I don't know what you meant by "tweaking" the receiver. There is no tweaking knob that I can see.)

Now my problem still remains with no picture on my computer screen.
Can anyone tell me the difference between iWatchout, iWitness, and SW15A softwares? Again I bought the Active Home Pro software package.

speedbugy

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 03:42:32 PM »

Glad you got rid of the lines anyway. Lots of stuff along same frequency interferes with it. Tweaking, guess I just meant move the receiver a bit at a time and be sure the transmitter and receiver are pointing at each other. As far as tech support, the only one I can ever get help from is        Eric Boyd        mailto:tech@x10.com     It may take a day or two to get an aswer but is always very helpful.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 03:44:13 PM by speedbugy »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 12:41:03 AM »

What OS are you using?
And are you using an exturnal USB or internal port?
Have you tried swaping the USB ports that the CM15A and VA11A are using?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

traveler

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 11:54:19 AM »

What OS are you using?
And are you using an exturnal USB or internal port?
Have you tried swaping the USB ports that the CM15A and VA11A are using?

Am using Windows XP Professional. The USB ports are internal  ( behind the front trap door on my HP Pavillion computer). Haven't swapped USB ports yet.

In reading some misc. recommendations, it is suggested that anti-virus software (I use Zone Alarm) be turned off before downloading AHP. This wasn't done so guess I'll have to un-install some or all of the modules & then repeat the download?

Part number SW39A, described as Active Home Pro-Home Security Solution on my invoice, seems to be called "On Alert" on my screen shot. This module right after download gives an error message "a newer version is on the server, please download this installation". Doesn't make any sense!

traveler

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 11:51:53 AM »

Update: After suggestions from  Eric Boyd, turning off my internet security software, & allowing an x-10 AHP software update download, I was able to re-install the VA11A driver & now get a "somewhat fuzzy" video image on my PC monitor. Also the AHP control of the XX20A pan & tilt is also working!
Now I'll try to get a sharper image and then see if I can view my camera over the internet.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.