Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM11A Timers and Macro's  (Read 15936 times)

dtrott

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM11A Timers and Macro's
« on: August 31, 2009, 01:28:16 AM »

Hey,

I am programming my CM11A using a Java program from Linux.

Q1>
Am I correct in thinking that there is no way to get the CM11A to relay the output of the Macro or Timer to the PC ? **
** - Note: If I have a second CM11A it can see the output of both triggers and macro's.

Q2>
The trigger code for Macro's is also "buggy" as sometimes I don't get anything on the PC and sometimes I just get the function block (Housecode + On/OFF) but I don't see the unit address.
But I have never seen both the Address and Function blocks.

Is there a way to reliably see the complete initiating code from the PC?

Q3>
Am I correct that there is nothing special about "start" verses "stop" macro's they are just two independent trigger points on the same day? **
** Other than if you set them both to the same time (in which case only the start macro will fire).

Q4>
There is no handling for leap years or daylight savings in the CM11A.
It has two counters (366 days in a "leap" year) and (7 days in a week) which simply roll over at the end of the week or year all other adjustments must be made from the PC?

Q5>
Are there any undocumented features of the CM11A such as conditional executions (eg only fire this macro if a given device is already on)?

Thanks,
David

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: CM11A Timers and Macro's
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 04:58:33 AM »

Hey,

I am programming my CM11A using a Java program from Linux.

Q1>
Am I correct in thinking that there is no way to get the CM11A to relay the output of the Macro or Timer to the PC ? **
** - Note: If I have a second CM11A it can see the output of both triggers and macro's.

You are correct.  All you get from the CM11A is a signal that a macro at EEPROM address XXX has been executed.  Your software has to remember what commands are included in that macro.

Q2>
The trigger code for Macro's is also "buggy" as sometimes I don't get anything on the PC and sometimes I just get the function block (Housecode + On/OFF) but I don't see the unit address.
But I have never seen both the Address and Function blocks.

Is there a way to reliably see the complete initiating code from the PC?

Yes, but the way is similar to the answer to Q1 above.

Q3>
Am I correct that there is nothing special about "start" verses "stop" macro's they are just two independent trigger points on the same day? **
** Other than if you set them both to the same time (in which case only the start macro will fire).

You are correct.

Q4>
There is no handling for leap years or daylight savings in the CM11A.
It has two counters (366 days in a "leap" year) and (7 days in a week) which simply roll over at the end of the week or year all other adjustments must be made from the PC?

Again you are correct.

Q5>
Are there any undocumented features of the CM11A such as conditional executions (eg only fire this macro if a given device is already on)?

No.

Rather than re-inventing the wheel, you may want to take a look at Heyu (http://www.heyu.org), which addresses each of the issues you've raised above.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

dtrott

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 04:59:13 AM »

Just wanted to say thanks for the reply (its much appreciated when someone takes the time).

With respect to heyu I did take a look at it, their corrected X10 spec was invaluable.

I do have a couple of other reasons for "re-inventing the wheel" but the primary reason is that it is sometimes the journey that's important not the destination
(I enjoyed figuring out how to program the CM11A).

Thanks again,
David

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 06:11:54 PM »

...I enjoyed figuring out how to program the CM11A...
You might have even more fun with the more powerful CM15A.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Deemar

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 04:59:09 PM »

Not compatible with Linux.....I don't think.

NBorgerink

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 07:03:55 AM »

Not compatible with Linux.....I don't think.
There is a Linux driver for the CM15a interface at http://www.linuxha.com/athome/common/cm15d/cm15d.html. It works with a kernel up to 2.6.27.37.
I managed to work with the driver in python. I am in a very early stage but i managed to turn lamps on/off and dim/brighten them. And listen to codes on the network like from a X10 remote control.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, i am dutch.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.