Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15 not reacting to RF... and how I brought it back to life  (Read 2560 times)

jacadito

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

A few moments ago my CM15Pro (CM15A in USA) didn't react to RF commands from my remote - not even from a very close distance.
Nothing showed up in the activity monitor when issuing a command from my remote, no macro execution.

Getting back to my PC I see an error message concerning the USB connection - I'm suggested to download the macro's again (which I do twice, to no avail).

The status report showed a number of set flags - some of which I never use (and the ones I use were off half an hour ago, no trigger in the meantime to change them). Weird - how did these get set ?

Action 1: I clear the memory, download macro's again (several times) => no change

Action 2: I remove power (but not the battery) shortly => no change

Action 3: From AHP I launch a macro that clears some flags => status report shows they're cleared.
Aha ! Some sign of life here. So the unit isn't locked up, but still no reaction to RF.

Action 4: From AHP I put two lights on and off. One light via powerline and one via RF (TM13).
After that I launch a macro via RF => success (showing up in activity log and executing).
Unit is back to normal !!!

Anybody got an explanation ?? Anybody got the same "experience" ?
Does anybody know if, when the unit is in such a state, internal macro's are still triggered and running ?
AHP version 3.227.

BTW this forum is fantastic. I spent hours digging & reading, found several descriptions of lockups and RF issues, found remedies like remove all power (incl. batteries), but no one describing a similar experience as mine.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 02:31:10 PM by jacadito »
ActivehomePro with CM15Pro, mainly used for controlling 11 blinds. Two MS13E sensors modified to react to strong light (sunlight) instead of dawn/dusk.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: CM15 not reacting to RF... and how I brought it back to life
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 04:27:08 PM »

You may want to try. Remove power and batteries. Wait a few minutes and then restart with a clean slate.

jacadito

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 05:44:57 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion Brian, but as I indicated I *did not* have to remove power to get it back to life.
Issuing a powerline or an RF signal from AHP seemed enough (don't know which one did the trick...). That's exactly what I don't understand  ???
ActivehomePro with CM15Pro, mainly used for controlling 11 blinds. Two MS13E sensors modified to react to strong light (sunlight) instead of dawn/dusk.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 07:47:52 PM »

Hi jacadito: Removing the batteries as well as unplugging the CM15A, as Brian H suggests, would also clear the internal memory of the CM15A's microcontroller. This will cause the unit to reset to a stable state. With the batteries still installed after unplugging the internal RAM is not reset.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.