Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A time incorrect when not connected to PC  (Read 2798 times)

scubabuzz

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A time incorrect when not connected to PC
« on: December 10, 2009, 09:51:53 AM »

I have been running the CM15A for several years and every spring and fall I have trouble getting the time correct for DST.  I am interfacing the CM15A with a Vista Laptop to setup the clock and the timers and macros.  I do not keep the unit connected to the PC as the placement is near my breaker panel so that the signal passes to both phases (had the problem before the phase bridge).  Things were working fine since the spring but now the unit seems to be running an hour off.  I live in Maryland and have the lights come on at dusk and off at dawn using a macro.  I updated the unit last month for the time change and have finally had to set the unit to central time to get it to work.  I am using Active Home Pro Ver 3.228.  Any idea as to why this is happening?

Joe

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: CM15A time incorrect when not connected to PC
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 12:15:56 PM »

Why Not do a Search for "DST" you'll be surprised with the amount of info on this problem\subject!
As well as what others are doing about it!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: CM15A time incorrect when not connected to PC
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 09:11:10 PM »

I have been running the CM15A for several years and every spring and fall I have trouble getting the time correct for DST.  I am interfacing the CM15A with a Vista Laptop to setup the clock and the timers and macros.  I do not keep the unit connected to the PC as the placement is near my breaker panel so that the signal passes to both phases (had the problem before the phase bridge).  Things were working fine since the spring but now the unit seems to be running an hour off.  I live in Maryland and have the lights come on at dusk and off at dawn using a macro.  I updated the unit last month for the time change and have finally had to set the unit to central time to get it to work.  I am using Active Home Pro Ver 3.228.  Any idea as to why this is happening?

Joe

Easy.  When you don't have the CM15A connected, it cannot see X10Nets.exe which sends module status to AHP, plus it cannot get time settings from the PC.  It's firmware has the OLD DST dates encoded, so you have to connect it first for old DST date and then for the current (New) DST date, then repeat the same thing when DST ends, both old and new dates.   You can see this is a PITA so you actually may want to consider keeping the CM15A connected during DST changes.  If you now have your phases bridged, you might not have to move the CM15A.   
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.