Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Could the Wireless Motion Detector (MS10A) be used outside the house?  (Read 4362 times)

JSquare

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

I just got the DS7000 kit and also purchased 4 door/window sensors, but I want know if the motion detector could be used to monitor the front entrance to the house or maybe the backyard?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171

JSquare: Welcome to the forum. I have never opened one up, but from looking at it, I really doubt it is weather proof. I don't recall a water seal on the battery compartment.

Would you really want your security system to go off if a cat walks by or someone simply comes to your front door?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

I use one outside to monitor the front entrance, but it is located under the overhang on the front porch! ;)
As Puck stated the battery compartment doesn't have a water seal!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JSquare

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

I use one outside to monitor the front entrance, but it is located under the overhang on the front porch! ;)
As Puck stated the battery compartment doesn't have a water seal!
That's the same location I was planning on installing, but as Puck also mentioned I don't want  the system to go off every time someone walks by, so I decided to go for the chime module instead.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

JSquare Good point but mine is facing the front door not the street the only false alarms I get are from cats! ;)
I also don't use it with the D7000 but use it with AHP and OnAlert so it triggers a wav file to play,no siren!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.