Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Why is it so difficult to connect?  (Read 29534 times)

traveler

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Why is it so difficult to connect?
« on: May 19, 2008, 04:32:16 PM »

I have recently installed AHP version 3.228 with all the plug-ins. I can set up a "Room" for my camera which is visible on my PC.
I have sent an invitation for remote monitoring which was sent to my and a relatives mailbox with respective ID's and passwords from AHPGateway.
When either of us try to connect from different computers (vs my main PC which has AHP on-line) using the link.password, etc. contained in the e-mail, we each get into a constant cycle of :
start connection as user "name"
Connecting to MyHouse Service
Cannot connect to My House Service
Check for correct system ID
Disconnected from MYHouse Service
Waiting xxx secs to reconnect

This recycles on and on ...........

Since I just bought the AHP software from x-10 (May 2008), what could be the problem? I am using Zone Alarm internet security on a PC running Windows XP Professional with a high speed cable connection to the internet.

traveler

Re: Why is it so difficult to connect?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 05:15:13 PM »

I've disconnected my router, shut off my Zone Alarm Suite (firewall). Still can't connect.
Also am getting an annoying window saying that res://AHP.DLL/203 can't be found! I have no idea what that's all about!!!
Still waiting on a reply from Eric at x-10, as I don't know what more I can do.
As a newbie, I can understand software problems appearing during early inaugurations (in 2005?). Was hoping that by now (2008) connections could be easily established or at least problems easily diagnosed/solved.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 05:38:31 PM »

It's the MyHouse server that's the problem, and that's been a sore spot since the plug-in was introduced.  Search the Forums for MyHouse server problems. You are not alone.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Jsnlong

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
    • XKAR
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 05:48:10 PM »

I travel all the time and maybe 1 in ten times I login to MYHouse it really works. I would try to use another remote access program. Look on the Internet you will find a bunch. Plus if you use another remote access program you can do more with your computer then just login into myhouse you can use every program you have on that computer.
People are afraid of robots taking their jobs......The same jobs they complain all day about doing!!

Join the chat at http://www.bdshost.com/ac/

Coach of XKAR
Xenia Kids And Robots
www.xkar.org

Rabbit

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 08:41:48 PM »

Has anyone else tried Remote Desktop that is built into Windows XP and Vista? I use it all the time - it's free and reliable.

See this thread:

http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=14472.0

Cheers!

x10challanged

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 08:15:16 AM »

I use "logmein" which was recommended by someone else on this forum. It is free and works great.  Go to logmein.com to read more about it.  Have not had any problem logging into my computer since then from anywhere with Internet connection.

Bill H

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 07:52:55 PM »

I've been using the Remote Desktop connection on my XP Pro for AHP control for some time. It works well, however, I cannot hear the audio from the cameras remotely. (The audio from the cameras is plugged into the "line" input of the computer and can be heard  locally). AHP program sounds and CD audio come thru remotely just fine. Why can I get all audio but the one I want from the cameras?

x10challanged

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 09:38:27 PM »

Bill.... Check you preferences in My House settings for audio feedback I don't know if that will help but worth a try.  I have not used the windows remote program.  So just a thought

Bill H

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 09:22:46 AM »

Don't see any audio preferences in My House settings. Must be missing it...can you be a bit more specific. Tnx!

x10challanged

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 11:29:54 AM »

Sorry, go in to Active Home Pro - Click Tools at the top (fourth from left) - preferences at the bottom of drop down menu - then once in preferences menus you should be on the Active Home Pro tab (first one) the 2nd box in the dark blue area (not in Action Warnings) should be "Enable Audio Feedback" check this box if not already checked.

Bill H

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 03:09:32 PM »

x10challanged-
Tnx, found it. Unfortunately it was checked. Think this might have to do with only internal audio being sent thru Remote Desktop. Since the cams are plugged into the "line" in (even though the mixer is set to record all inputs), it's not sent out thru Remote Desktop. Have to keep playing...tnx!

traveler

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 12:38:25 PM »

I use "logmein" which was recommended by someone else on this forum. It is free and works great.  Go to logmein.com to read more about it.  Have not had any problem logging into my computer since then from anywhere with Internet connection.

Since installing my first X-10 equipment and software over a month ago,  I have never been able to view My House On-Line from a remote computer. Eric at X-10 tech support has been unable to help me (I sent him all the info he requested weeks ago  but he's never got back to me!).
I did sign up for LogMeIn and found it to work quite well in accessing my home PC over the internet.
However, when trying to view my live X-10 camera as well as digital photos stored on my home PC, the images are very clay-like, with no detail!
Can anyone suggest a resolution to the problems? I am connected on both ends via high speed internet, both computers running Windows XP.

x10challanged

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 06:18:54 PM »

I have found that if you change the screen resolution in log me in Pro it  helps clear up the images.  They are not the same as sitting in front of you own computer, but better.

Also:
You need to go to "Full" screen view, this will greatly increase your viewing quality.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 07:58:49 PM by x10challanged »

traveler

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 11:49:57 AM »

I have found that if you change the screen resolution in log me in Pro it  helps clear up the images.  They are not the same as sitting in front of you own computer, but better.

Also:
You need to go to "Full" screen view, this will greatly increase your viewing quality.

Thanks for your feedback. What I was able to do to eliminate the clay-like images was, after taking control of the remote computer via LogMeIn,  to go to "Options", select "Color Quality" and change it to "high".

x10challanged

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »

Thanks for the update Traveler always nice to hear the final solution.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.