Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 AHP Software, MiniTimer2 and PC Compatibility Questions  (Read 3147 times)

autopilot

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I'm new to X10 home automation and I didn't receive feedback from the X10 online sales rep so I'm posting it here. I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post these questions but here it is as follows:

1. Will the new MiniTimer2 (MT12A) work in conjunction with the X10 PC Automation Software like:
a) ActiveHome Professional Software (SW31A);
b) Smart Macro Software Module for ActiveHome Pro (SW32A)
c) iWatchOut Software Module for ActiveHome Pro (SW33A);
d) myHouse Online Software Module for ActiveHome Pro (SW34A); etc.) ?

2. Is this tandem set-up workable if especially when you have your online PC in the living room and the MiniTimer2 in another (e.g. bedroom)?

3. If you use a X10 PC automation software-based controller (with or without smart macros), should the PC be powered on all the time for the timer and/or macros to function? Or do I need the plug-in MiniTimer2 for it to work if the PC is off?

Any inputs of guidance and enlightenment are appreciated. Thanks!
The basic, must-haves for home repair are duct tape if it moves and WD-40 if it doesn't...

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: X10 AHP Software, MiniTimer2 and PC Compatibility Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 06:44:39 AM »

The MiniTimer2 can control X10 receiving devices independently of the AHP setup. The X10 power line signals it sends can be received by the CM15A and trigger things if desired. So yes it can be used with AHP or alone.

autopilot

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: X10 AHP Software, MiniTimer2 and PC Compatibility Questions
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 04:11:27 PM »

Dear Brian,

Thanks a lot for the expert tip. I'll keep you posted if i have more questions... ;)
The basic, must-haves for home repair are duct tape if it moves and WD-40 if it doesn't...

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.