Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MS14A Keeps triggering macro  (Read 9016 times)

Jeff2005

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
MS14A Keeps triggering macro
« on: September 17, 2007, 08:54:29 PM »

I have an MS14A (C4) that triggers a macro does something like this:
Lamp1(C1) ON
DELAY 2:00
Lamp2(C2) ON
Lamp3(C3) ON
ALL OFF

The problem I am having is that if the motion sensor gets triggered again during the macro, the macro does not run correctly.  Is there a way to change how long the delay is in the sensor before it can be triggered again, or some other way to fix this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: MS14A Keeps triggering macro
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 10:31:25 PM »

To prevent the retriggering of a macro, the best option is to use a flag and a condition.

Here is a sample of this type of macro: Re: Smart Macro conditions?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 03:20:14 PM »

Is there a way to change how long the delay is in the sensor before it can be triggered again, or some other way to fix this?
Yes!
 The sensor has a default of 2 min before it sends an off and resets! You can find the info to increase this time  in the manual or online at the X10 knowledge base(motion sensors)
One other tip(besides Pucks): Use a different house code for your sensors then your other modules! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

yvesc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 03:59:07 AM »

i have a MS14A motion sensor; and I can tell you that the range is more than the specified one on your link. Mine detect movement at a 40 feet's range and it s causing me problems; I get false trigger every evening. Since we had some snow in the last couples of days, it is also sending a dusk on dusk off command thinking that the sun is up because of the reflected light from the snow. (I trigger the front porch light and the sensor ins in the front). I am not impressed with this unit so far. I am thinking about replacing it with a PR511 which I believe to be more suited for the job.

YCA

Rabbit

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 04:06:19 PM »

To prevent the retriggering of a macro, the best option is to use a flag and a condition.

Here is a sample of this type of macro: Re: Smart Macro conditions?

Puck, I tried using your flag and condition example above to control the MS14A. Couldn't understand how to make it work in my application.

Here is what I'm trying to do:

1. Detect Motion at my Front Door - ONCE
2. Trigger a SH10A Power horn to go "Ding-Dong" (got that down) ONCE

The problem is, The MS14A continues to sense motion, and it "Ding-Dongs" about 5 times as the person approaches the door. The built-in 10 second delay isn't enough.

I wish to have the MS14A sense motion once, and then stop activating the SH10A "Ding-Dong"

In other words, detect motion and chime once. A 5 minute delay after the chime would work nicely (I don't mean the internally programmable delay in the MS14A sending out the N+1 signal).

Using flags are confusing! I don't really get what they are used for!  ???

Any chance of getting assistance?

Cheers! 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 06:33:00 PM by Rabbit »

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 09:48:19 PM »

Using flags are confusing! I don't really get what they are used for!  ???

Rabbit: Think of a status flag like a switch that you can turn on (set) or off (clear) inside your macro. These switches (flags) can now be used as conditions for deciding if a macro is run.

1. Detect Motion at my Front Door - ONCE
2. Trigger a SH10A Power horn to go "Ding-Dong" (got that down) ONCE

The problem is, The MS14A continues to sense motion, and it "Ding-Dongs" about 5 times as the person approaches the door. The built-in 10 second delay isn't enough.

I wish to have the MS14A sense motion once, and then stop activating the SH10A "Ding-Dong"

In other words, detect motion and chime once. A 5 minute delay after the chime would work nicely (I don't mean the internally programmable delay in the MS14A sending out the N+1 signal).

If you haven't see it yet, I posted a basic example of a Single Trigger Macro Using a Status Fla.

The second example in that post is what you want to do. Just change the delay to 5 minutes and where I have Chime ON, change it to your Power Horn commands.

Rabbit

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 09:50:58 PM »

Thank you, Sir! I'll play with it and see if I can get these flags set in my hard head!  #:)

Puck, I appreciate the time you've given me.

Cheers!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.