Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Part of macro stopped working?!  (Read 10987 times)

bensmail

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Part of macro stopped working?!
« on: May 29, 2008, 09:07:55 PM »

I have a macro turn off my wireless network and turn on a wireless TV transmitter (they don't like each other). It was working fine for a year until the other day when I went to try and make a new macro that turned off a light in the morning I had a terrible time getting Active Home to run without locking up, then I made the macro to shut off the light in the morning but the next morning the light stayed on. That night I noticed the TV macro did not work any more!?

Trying to fix the problem... from Active Home screen I can turn on and off both devices.... macro 1 will turn on C1 and turn off C2 like it should but macro 2 will only turn off C1 and WILL NOT turn on C2?? I even tried putting the "Turn on" command in there multiple times. It refuses to turn it on. It's not the module or line problem because I can turn it on and off on the screen all day long.

bensmail

Re: Part of macro stopped working?!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 09:21:31 PM »

Well... got it working by swapping the steps. Instead of C1 on then C2 off... it's not C2 off then C1 on.

Any idea why it decided to do this after a year when I know I did not touch this macro?

bensmail

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 08:40:27 PM »

Problem still not solved.  ???

The macro works from the active pro program now but it will not work from the trigger C4 on, only if I run the macro from the computer....

The other macro to turn off the TV and back on the wifi works from the trigger C4 off, but it does not update the computer??

NOW when I go back to try again NEITHER macro works again....

This is INSANE!?!! Can I initialize this thing and start over? Should I uninstall the software and re-install as well? I can see that being a nightmare with all the registrations.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 08:35:06 AM »

What are you using to trigger your C4 macros?

Are your macros stored in the interface or run from the PC?

Have you checked your Activity Monitor to see if the trigger is being received and/or the macro is executing?

If you can post an image of your macros that may provide more info.

Boiler

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 06:26:38 PM »

bensmail,

As Puck suggested, please do post your Macros and your trigger source (wired, RF, etc).

Do not uninstall AHP at the moment.  I've never had to do that, and as you indicated, it can be painful.

Just guessing, but if you're using RF to trigger your macros, you may be encountering multiple RF triggers and sending your macros into a loop.

Please get back with us,
Boiler

bensmail

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »

to trigger the macros I use a wired device. I just tried an RF and it still does not work. Both macros run when I press the ON button and neither run when I press OFF but one is clearly marked as "C4 on" and the other "C4 off"

I just deleted both macros, saved and uploaded to device, then remade the macros, saved and uploaded.

Still doing the same thing. Both macros run when pressing ON. One device goes on and the other off (on the active pro screen) but it does not actually turn on the device it says it's turning on. When I click onthe device manually witht he mouse THEN it turns on... as I said, this is insane. I did not change macros and this just started happening after updating the software.

I do not have screen capture software installed and this macro is dumb simple. I've double, tripple, quad checked and both are set up to run from device (not the PC) one is set to trigger at C4 ON, and the other C4 OFF yet they both go on with C4 ON and seem do work on the screen but do not actually turn on the device.

I just tried clearing the device memory and then uploading again. No difference.

bensmail

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 07:10:46 PM »

Just noticed. After clearing device memory again, OFF starts the off macro correctly (but still does not actually work) ON starts both macros. After uploading to device again OFF does nothing.

The macros work perfectly if I run them using the mouse. If I use the buttons they go crazy and make changes to the device conditions on the screen but do not actually change the condition of the devices.

bensmail

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 07:08:04 PM »

apparently timers will also not turn on and off the device I'm having problems with either. I can turn the device on/off with wireless and from the active home screen using the mouse... macros and timers won't touch it!!

Boiler

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 04:57:43 PM »

apparently timers will also not turn on and off the device I'm having problems with either. I can turn the device on/off with wireless and from the active home screen using the mouse... macros and timers won't touch it!!

bensmail,

We may be getting somewhere here.  Please check that the "issue On in place of Bright 100%" box is checked under "tools/preferences/macro options".

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.