Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Camera Power Setups  (Read 7662 times)

GMAN

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Camera Power Setups
« on: May 30, 2008, 02:46:19 PM »

Hello all!  Allow myself to introduce....myself. New to the Forum but only somewhat new to X10. I have a few things in place now and it all works GREAT so far. I am considering a Wireless Camera setup to watch over the driveway and cars. Seems I've earned some neighbors with offspring and guests that DO NOT have respect for others and their property. I'll have to add power close to where the camera is to be mounted and these are my thoughts.

I don't want have the power supplies powered up all the time.
SR227 SuperSocket to power Camera supply.
RR501 or TM751 to supply Video Receiver.
The CR14A Remote will trigger the Transceiver powering up the Video Receiver power supply plugged into the bottom of it and it in turn will activate the SR227 receptacle that the camera power supply is plugged into. I will then be able to power on/off both supplies via remote.

Or, I have a Mini Timer that could be used as merely a on/off  or actually have set times for powering on/off the pieces.

Just thinking it through as I want to order everything I'll need at once.

Also, I read that the Ninja base re-centers when power is reapplied after being off? Can that center be adjusted?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Camera Power Setups
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 06:29:58 PM »

TM751 has no power line receiver. So if you want to use the Mini Timer for control. The TM751 will not turn on or off by power line.

x10challanged

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 06:49:00 PM »

Also, I read that the Ninja base re-centers when power is reapplied after being off? Can that center be adjusted?

You can reprogram the center point on the Ninja.  One of mine I only rotate about 90 degrees so I just left the center where it was programmed and turned unit "off center".  Two others I reprogrammed it is ralatively easy to do.

GMAN

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 07:45:14 PM »

TM751 has no power line receiver. So if you want to use the Mini Timer for control. The TM751 will not turn on or off by power line.

Thank you for the replies!  My order should arrive one day early next week 8)
Ya, I thought about it and I think I'll just get it all up and running and later if I decide I want the supplies on the timer I just swap the TM751 for a RR501 correct?

GMAN

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 08:05:15 PM »

You can reprogram the center point on the Ninja.  One of mine I only rotate about 90 degrees so I just left the center where it was programmed and turned unit "off center".  Two others I reprogrammed it is relatively easy to do.

Excellent to know.  Self explanatory?   Also, sense my son and I are Remote Control Car enthusiasts (8 of them to date) and I read about others using Hobby pieces for repair, I am kicking around checking into the 'Gear Ratio / Gear Strength in an effort to slightly increase the speed of the Pan/Tilt and add life to the Ninja bases when they arrive.

x10challanged

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 05:30:02 AM »

Instructions are easy to follow.  Let  us know if you are able to increase the speed that would be a good modification to the pan/tilt

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.