Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New potential user : operating oil filled electric rads  (Read 2942 times)

elyobelyob

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
New potential user : operating oil filled electric rads
« on: August 28, 2008, 05:54:58 AM »

Hi,

Before winter sets in, I'm looking for a solution to turn my electric rads on [1] when I'm on the train home. I am away from home unusual and unregular hours so a simple timer won't work for me, and I'm keen not to waste heat bby leaving them on 3 or 4 hours before I get home. I'd also like to consider a thermostat override if the temperature drops beneath a certain temp.

I'm new to X10 and live in the UK. I'd like to buy the equipment at the US prices, we have a US office I could get stuff delivered to. Any suggestions r.e. buying three pin UK style equipment?

Thanks in advance

[1] e.g. http://www.choiceful.com/choiceful-id-102860-Dimplex-Electric-Oil-Filled-Radiator-2KW.html

p.s. just a quick update, am looking to operate this via the internet, potentially my uNSLUng NSLU2 can help? And also considering turning my old electric over on and off in the future ... save having to wait on the way back from the shops - I always shop hungry :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 05:58:03 AM by elyobelyob »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: New potential user : operating oil filled electric rads
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 07:44:38 AM »

Us/Canada X10 equipment will not work in the UK.  There is a UK dealer, but I forget the web address.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: New potential user : operating oil filled electric rads
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 08:52:19 PM »

........... I'd like to buy the equipment at the US prices

We've heard that before
... the Euro X10 prices are MUCH higher. But you do have that Euro voltage (and RF) thing over there... and American X10 doesn't work there (as Dan Lawrence said).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.