Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15a schedules executing at wrong times constantly!? Help!  (Read 10030 times)

JCDinPGH

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15a schedules executing at wrong times constantly!? Help!
« on: March 07, 2009, 12:42:26 PM »

I've had my CM15a for quite awhile now and never had any problems with it until now. For whatever reason, it just can't seem to keep the schedules correct anymore so now I have lights going on and off at very strange hours and they aren't even close to the programmed times. I've cleared the interface memory several times and even redid all my schedules and still it keeps doing it. I even put in new batteries. What other options do I have here? Besides clearing interface memory, is there any other way to reset the device? Hopefully someone has some suggestions as this is starting to drive me crazy.
Thanks.

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: CM15a schedules executing at wrong times constantly!? Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 02:50:47 PM »

Did you upgrade the software or change something recently?   

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 03:24:15 PM »

Sounds like the OP has 3.236, the latest buggy version of AHP.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

JCDinPGH

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 09:58:50 PM »

That is the version I am running but if I remember correctly, I've been running it for quite awhile. The only thing that has changed that I can think of is that I physically moved my CM15a from upstairs to downstairs and it no longer has a constant connection to a computer via USB. I programmed it and then removed the USB connection. If the problem is software, what is the most stable version and is there a link to it? Until I redo my basement I won't be able to have my CM15a constantly hooked to a USB computer like it used to be.

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 11:07:47 PM »

I've heard the CM15 needs to be connected to the computer to keep its time. 

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 10:34:19 AM »

That is true.  DST changes are a problem for those who have the CM15A not connected, as the firmware has the old dates hard coded. Those folks have to connect the CM15A FOUR TIMES for each DST change, twice in Spring and twice in Fall.  In our hustle-bushel life these days, that's a lot of work.

For  swspjcd , reconnect the CM15A to the PC, then "downgrade" AHP to 2.228. The info to do that is elseware in the Forums, search for it.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

david546

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 07:44:06 AM »

This is interesting.  I've had quite a few problems in the past years.  Sometimes things just don't come on or go off.  It is interference with something that is running at that particular time of day.  Could be the furnace or a/c kicking on too.  I've tried to narrow down times of things and turn them off later like watching TV and something not going off I want to, just to see if the TV is interfering with a module.  Florescent lights and halogen lights will interfere with RF signals.  Test that module with the florescent light on and then with it off.  Most all of the time the signal will not get to the module with that light on but will with it off. 

Did you buy something new electronically or electrically lately that is plugged in all the time, this might have an effect on one module and not another.  Unplug it and see.  Did someone new move in to the house next to you?  Anything within 200 feet could make a difference.  Someone across the street from me did things that interfered with my set up until he moved out.  Did you plug in a module into a "Surge Protector"?  This should be avoided as it prevents RF signals through your wiring in your home.  So there are allot of factors and things U should not do if you want this stuff to work properly.

AHP software is very unstable and was not designed by an expert in my opinion, but they do blame our problems on many hundreds of possibilities. Some of which are true, but designing wasn't their strong point.  I had this stuff once and returned it and then a couple years later started up with it again to time many different things from my attic to my crawl space to my pool pump in the back yard running from another building I have in the back that I have wired from my house breaker panel.  So I needed it to ease the complications of things and to be able to do it and program it from my computer.  I've had Better luck the second time around.   

Filters will work IF you can find the appliance that is interfering with things as long as it is not hard wired into your home (without a plug) like your a/c, water heater or furnace or even ceiling light fixtures.  X10 modules work fine by themselves as long as things don't get too complicated.  All this other stuff they offer may work for U, but not for me or anyone else.  It all depends on your surroundings of our electronic world and power line interferences that sometimes cannot be controled and come in right off the power pole outside from the power company.  Single phase filters help.  I do electrical for a living and have installed a phase coupler which helps and is installed across both legs in your breaker panel using a double breaker.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.