Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MS16A unit code +1  (Read 6511 times)

bannh

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
MS16A unit code +1
« on: June 10, 2008, 05:10:13 AM »

I'm new to X10 products and still trying to discern *operator error* from possible product flaws. I was using an MS16A Active Eye to simply control a chime, used it to transmit all the time (day and night) and wasn't using the *unit code +1* feature. When checking the setting I would just get the one blink. It is set to send the OFF signal at the lowest possible time.

Just added a motion sensor dual floodlight. Start code 1 and it turns on two LM465 lamp modules using the +1 slide switch (lamp modules set as Unit Code 2).

The Active Eye will turn on the motion sensor floodlight but it does not turn off automatically.

I tried using the *unit code +1* feature to also turn on the two lamp modules, double and triple checked the setting (# of blinks) but they will not turn on.

So right now the Active Eye sounds the chime (good) and turns on the floodlights but they do not turn off automatically, not great but at least they turn on.

The motion floodlights will turn on the lamp modules and they all turn off after the correct time, couldn't get it to sound the chime.

What I would like... is for the Active Eye to turn on the floodlights and the two lamp modules and still sound the chime. I would like to be able to have the lights turn off automatically at a time increment I would set on the Active Eye.

I would ALSO like to have the motion floodlights continue to turn on the lamp modules as it does now and it would be great if it would also sound the chime.

I have tried so many combinations of settings that I cannot remember them all. The one thing I am sure of is that I could not get is the Active Eye's *unit code +1* feature to work in either the setting to detect motion at all times or only at night.

Am I misunderstanding the *unit code +1* feature? Is there something specific I could try to see if that feature is not working?

Any suggestions would be welcome. Reading the instructions is probably not going to help further, I've read them countless times.

Usually I persist and keep trying and eventually figure out what I am doing wrong. In the past few weeks there have been two theft attempts which I am absolutely sure of, could be as many as two or three other prowls around my home, threads tied between two points and then broken. I don't really have a few weeks to keep playing with the componenets to see if I can get them to behave the way I want. If I cannot do what I want with what I have, I would rather know now and just buy what else I need.

TYIA!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: MS16A unit code +1
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 09:15:23 AM »

bannh: Welcome to the forum. The Unit Code + 1 is not activated my motion. This is activated at dusk & dawn (or anytime the ActiveEye transitions between light & dark or vice versa). It sends out the Unit Code + 1 ON at dark and OFF at light.

For your motion triggering of lights & chime, you can have them all set to the same Unit Code. If you are having problems with the OFF signals not making their way to the modules, then you may have to move your Transceiver to another location or you probably have a noise source or signal sucker that is plugged in somewhere that is degrading your power line signal.

bannh

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 04:45:04 PM »

TYVM Puck.

I was beginning to wonder if that might be the way it worked but nowhere could I find it explicitly stated that it wasn't a motion activated feature. So far I have found that the instructions are crystal clear after I figure the components out. When things don't work as expected it's me not fully understand the product. Without trying to get the Active Eye to turn on those lamp modules because of motion, getting the chime to work shouldn't be a problem.

The transceiver placement was chosen to be as much in the middle house as was practical with RF signals only going through wood. Which signals are sent through the power lines? And what are common causes of disruption in the power lines? Fluorescent lights including compact fluorescents? When I was trying to get things to work the chime and floodlights were purposely close together on the same circuit. Chime would stop, lights would not go off.

Thanks again.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 05:16:41 PM »

Which signals are sent through the power lines?

The RF signal from the ActiveEye gets sent to the power lines by the transceiver.

And what are common causes of disruption in the power lines? Fluorescent lights including compact fluorescents?

As you stated, fluorescent lights can cause interference, computers, TVs, cell phone charges, etc. There are a lot of potential interferers.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.