Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Active Eye, PR511 Floodlights, and SC546 Chime  (Read 5997 times)

Ignat

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Active Eye, PR511 Floodlights, and SC546 Chime
« on: June 12, 2008, 05:49:29 PM »

I have an Active Eye sensor set up in my driveway to turn on a set of PR511 Floodlights.  I would also like to have the chime notify me when someone comes in the driveway.  Is there a way to set it up so that the chime will work both night and day and the lights will only come on at night when there is motion??  Or will I need a 2nd Active Eye -- one to activate the lights -- the other to activate the chime?

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Active Eye, PR511 Floodlights, and SC546 Chime
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 11:37:06 PM »

Well..... first you just need a Active Home Pro and set up a Marco, should be fairly simple.

Tom j.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 12:31:55 PM »

I have an Active Eye sensor set up in my driveway to turn on a set of PR511 Floodlights.  I would also like to have the chime notify me when someone comes in the driveway.  Is there a way to set it up so that the chime will work both night and day and the lights will only come on at night when there is motion??  Or will I need a 2nd Active Eye -- one to activate the lights -- the other to activate the chime?

Tom is correct. A second Active Eye would also trigger at night, just as your current one does. So your problem would not be solved but only made redundant.  rofl

If going down the road of Active Home Pro does not appeal to you, there is a less expensive fix simple fix IF you know something about electronics and can use a soldering iron(?). The Active Eye sends out an ON signal at dusk and OFF siganl at dawn, on the unit code address code one greater than your motion sensor address. An Appliance module set to this address will will turn ON ant dusk and OFF at dawn. You can then use a 120VAC coil, DPDT, relay to "flip-flop" this condition. Use the N.C. contacts of the relay to provide power to the chime (I just wire these relays to an extension cord and put the relay in an insulated box). Basically the chime would only be powered between dawn and dusk. I, or other members of the forum can add detail, but sorry, I have to go back to work, lunch is over and boss is peering over cube wall....sigh. :'
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 01:08:44 PM »

Don't the PR511 Floodlights have their own motion detector for turning on the lights? You can use the ActiveEye set to a different address to just control the chime.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 07:46:46 PM »

I like that Dave! #:)  but you know he might really like AHP and it's fairly cheap what 50 bucks with all the software? Might even turn into a real addition.   ;D

Tom j.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 08:14:59 PM »

You are right, AHP would be a lot more fun.

I just offered the relay suggestion, as some (believie it or not) folks  don't like or have computers (let's call them Luddites). 'Course for the relay re-work, one should know how to use a multimeter and which end of a soldering iron gets the solder...  If that is not the case with Ignat, then the AHP suggestion makes much more sense. Puck's suggestion about the PR511 makes the most sense, but I assumed Ignat used the Active Eye to extend the range of the PR511 down his driveway. I guess we will find out if Ignat returns  ;)
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.